Sleeping too Much

[ka...]

I'm sleeping almost 3/4 of the day my friend says it's depression do any of you sleep that much? I wake up for breakfast take my meds eat fall back to sleep miss lunch  and wake up for Supper than stay up until around 12:00 am and it's starts all over again I'm worrying about staying awake for appointments

[f6...]

Hi Cachina,

I have the same issue. I go to bed too late due to my work schedule, swing shift from 13:00 to 23:00 then go to bed around 00:30 and normally wake up at 09:00. Most of the time I will continue for 1 or 2 more hours. Im tapering 0.625 mg of clonazepan and I had reinstaed three months ago. I can tell you for sure that the problem is the depression produced by this drugs. Lack of motivation makes you stay in bed. Something that works for me is to get up as soon as I wake up, about 8 or 9 and have a chores ready to do. You have to force yourself to do things. Is going to be tough at first but it works!

Hope it works for you!

Yeah, I've been in that position.

For me, it was actually sleep apnea!

I'm not sure if that may be the case for You, but based on the medications in your signature  (especially the blood pressure med) it makes sense that you could be pretty tired from those

Hang in there and get a sleep study if you can to rule apnea out