Bp and bp meds

[El...]

Anyone here ever have to take two bp meds to keep your bp controlled? I am wondering if may have to try that myself. I am on one bp med, but it doesnt seem to help in the early evening like it should, even agter increasing the dose. Anyone else out there that is om beds, and do you still.gets spikes? I am stsrting to have them again every other night it seems, especially if I try to go somewhere.

I think you should talk with your cardiologist, or whoever prescribed your bp meds. Sometimes they need to be changed. Mine did. Or another needs to be added. Yet a third option is an extended-release bp med.

So, maybe a trip to the cardiologist/doc? And it would be helpful to take your bp off and on during the day for, say, a week, so you have some numbers to discuss with your provider.

Hope you get things straightened out.

:smitten:

Katz

I think you should talk with your cardiologist, or whoever prescribed your bp meds. Sometimes they need to be changed. Mine did. Or another needs to be added. Yet a third option is an extended-release bp med.

So, maybe a trip to the cardiologist/doc? And it would be helpful to take your bp off and on during the day for, say, a week, so you have some numbers to discuss with your provider.

Hope you get things straightened out.

:smitten:

Katz

Thanks for the response! I a have to admit, I obsessively check my bp. Probably fifity times a day. I have been communicating with my doctor. He had me increase it a week ago to see if that helps. I dont know if it just takes awhile for the dose increase to take effect. Are you on one bp pill or two?

I am on one bp pill.

My cardiologist and I decided to change from twice a day dosing of Coreg to extended release Coreg. Even with 2 x a day dosing, it still wasn't controlling my bp. Now, with the ER, it seems to be controlled. I had "troughs" i.e. really low bp in the mornings just after I took my Coreg, and "peaks" i.e. really high bp in the evenings before my next dose. The ER Coreg seems to have smoothed all that out.

Hope you get this sorted. It's annoying, isn't it?  :tickedoff:

Katz

I am on one bp pill.

My cardiologist and I decided to change from twice a day dosing of Coreg to extended release Coreg. Even with 2 x a day dosing, it still wasn't controlling my bp. Now, with the ER, it seems to be controlled. I had "troughs" i.e. really low bp in the mornings just after I took my Coreg, and "peaks" i.e. really high bp in the evenings before my next dose. The ER Coreg seems to have smoothed all that out.

Katz

Thats ehat I am on is carvedilol, its generic coreg. Its not tue extended release though. And I have to spread out the dose all througout the day, or it just doesnt seem to be as effective. I am very sensitive to alot of chemicals, so preservatives and fillers can be a problem for me. So I get nervous to try another pill, but I may have to. What dose of coreg are you on? Does ut still go up when you are anxious?

I am on one bp pill.

Katz

Do you ever have spikes anymore? Do you check your bp often? I know I check mine way to much. I could have a bp of 110/65 and just walking into church amd sitting my bp.csn go.up to 150/90. It has to be from the anxiety too. I focus on my bp ALL the time. Its an OCD obsession, that started when I started my wd and had developed high bp and dsily bp.spikes. it really traumatized me. I tske my bp cuff everywhere I go, howessed up.is that!! I feel like I am justaking it worse for myself and yet, I cant stop it. I  seeing a counselor now though.

Praying it will help

What I take is called Coreg CR -- it's controlled release. My dose is 10 mgs.

You know, our blood pressure fluctuates all the time. When we're calm it's low. When we're stressed -- even in a good way -- it's a bit higher. I don't think 150/90 is anything to be concerned about . .  as long as it goes back down.

I never take mine anymore. I was really concerned about the low bp in the mornings -- it would fall to 90/50 and I couldn't even walk. Now things are okay. I did take it 3 x a day (my cardiologist wanted me to do this) when I switched to the CR, but I don't any more. It was (and is, I guess) in a narrow range from 120/80 (approx) to 130/90. That's good enough for me.

imo the only way to stop taking your bp is to just gradually stop. I had a few OCD things after and on my taper and the only way I could get on top of them was to tell myself I'll do it 10 times today, 9 times tomorrow and so on. That worked. My therapist and I worked through my OCD stuff. I'm sure yours can help you.

Best,

Katz

What I take is called Coreg CR -- it's controlled release. My dose is 10 mgs.

You know, our blood pressure fluctuates all the time. When we're calm it's low. When we're stressed -- even in a good way -- it's a bit higher. I don't think 150/90 is anything to be concerned about . .  as long as it goes back down.

I never take mine anymore. I was really concerned about the low bp in the mornings -- it would fall to 90/50 and I couldn't even walk. Now things are okay. I did take it 3 x a day (my cardiologist wanted me to do this) when I switched to the CR, but I don't any more. It was (and is, I guess) in a narrow range from 120/80 (approx) to 130/90. That's good enough for me.

imo the only way to stop taking your bp is to just gradually stop. I had a few OCD things after and on my taper and the only way I could get on top of them was to tell myself I'll do it 10 times today, 9 times tomorrow and so on. That worked. My therapist and I worked through my OCD stuff. I'm sure yours can help you.

Best,

Katz

Yes, I really do have to just try and stop taking it all the time. How high was your bp getting

Mine does sometimes go up to 160/90. Can you feel.it when your bp goes up?

I think it went up to a high of about 165. But I never felt it. I only felt the low bp. At 90/50, I felt like I was going to pass out. I'm very glad it got all smoothed out. Now I don't have to worry.  ;)

Good luck.

Anyone else that got there bp under control with bp meds? Can you share with me your experience? How long did it take for it to be controlled well? Do you still get spikes? My bp was doing well on a small dose of carvedilol until May, now I am on double the dose I was on amd still trying to get it better controlled. The late afternoon early evening is when I seem to have priblems with high bp.

Hello! I too had a lot of problems finding a blood pressure med that worked for me… I want on a medicine called Spironolactone in December, and although it took about a month for me to tolerate it well it has worked very well for me and has very few side effects.

Keep trying, I had a really hard time finding a blood pressure med that worked and I could tolerate.