Recovery

[Ko...]

What’s good buddies. CT withdrawal from Ativan (3mg daily) 2 months ago. Made some good recovery with the psychological symptoms of withdrawal. Believe I was withdrawing between doses for about a year before I jumped off. Was on this medication for about 5 years. Glad to have found a place for us to relate these experiences and get some hope of recovery.

Hello Koopa,

Welcome to Benzo Buddies and congratulations on being benzo free! You sure did it the hard way, going cold turkey from a significant dose of ativan. It sounds like you experiencing some good healing already, I'm very happy for you.  I also experienced dose to dose withdrawal from ativan, this benzo does have a pretty short half life.

There is always hope!  I never stopped believing that I would heal and I did.

I'll give you a link to the Cold Turkey, Detox, Rapid Withdrawal Board where you can communicate with others in the same situation as yourself.

There are a lot of strange symptoms that occur during withdrawal. Knowing that they are 'normal' for this process is very comforting. I'll give you a link to the Ashton Manual. Although it discusses tapering in detail, it also give good information abou the withdrawal process in general. The manual was written by Dr. Heather Ashton, an expert in the field.

You are amongst people who understand what you are going through and will support and encourage you as you continue to recover. Please do ask questions, we're here to help.

Cold Turkey, Detox & Rapid Withdrawal 

The Ashton Manual

pianogirl  :)