Palpitations for days. No appetite.

[Jo...]

Never had this. Skips and blips and flips. All day. 5th day in a row. 2nd day no appetite.  Very anxious. Like a rolling panic attack. Anyone else have this happen? I am on propranolol 80 mgs a day. I don't think this should be happening.  Time for a doctor or ER? Had benign pacs and pvcs even before taper. But never this frequent. It's a 5 day long panic attack. Worried I'm in trouble.

Joy, if you are scared, you probably need to have it checked out, just mo.  Peace of mind means a great deal.  Throwing more pvcs seems to be pretty common , you can go to search link and type it in, I am sure you will gets lots of information.  Good luck, Mary 💜

Thank you Mary. Peace of mind would be reassuring! Has this happened to anyone? Just day after day of panic? How long before it dissipated enough to be handleable? Anyone on beta blockers?

Thank you Mary. Peace of mind would be reassuring! Has this happened to anyone? Just day after day of panic? How long before it dissipated enough to be handleable? Anyone on beta blockers?

I am, I was put on them long ago for migraines.  I take 15 mgs of nadolol a day.  Everyone is different, so telling you when they might stop is really not possible, hopefully very soon.  M

Hi, not this taper (so far), but I had a month of PACs/PVCs with near 30% of my beats irregular. The worst part of it was the dread.

I think morning panic is, unfortunately, common in withdrawal. I'm having it, it's just a matter of degree though.

Hope it resolves soon. Read my post about palpitations.

Went to the ER, throwing between 5 and 11 single pvcs a minute. Staff were wonderful. Reassured me. My EKG said "abnormal" at the top. "Possible LVH???" But the doctor said not to worry. Maybe a certain amount of abnormality is ok when you are 65? Anyone know? Anyway I was released with a dx of anxiety, panic attack and symptoms consistent with benzodiazepine withdrawal.  In a strange way it was reassuring. We will get through this. It is temporary. And the only way out is through. PVCs resolved from that episode, but I never know when they'll hit. Ugh.

I had this pretty severe thoughout my Xanax taper and for a few months post taper. I am having them again this week as I taper mirtazapine. One thing that helps me is gaviscon. For some reason my espophagus is extremely sensitive in worhdrawal and if I eat salty foods or have any heartburn it gives me palpitaions. I find that liquid gaviscon coats my esophagus and stops the palpitations when they are bad. So I think it has something to do with esophagus irriitation for me. Oh liquid pepto bismol works for this as well. Anything that coats my esophagus seems to stop the palpitations.

Went to the ER, throwing between 5 and 11 single pvcs a minute. Staff were wonderful. Reassured me. My EKG said "abnormal" at the top. "Possible LVH???" But the doctor said not to worry. Maybe a certain amount of abnormality is ok when you are 65? Anyone know? Anyway I was released with a dx of anxiety, panic attack and symptoms consistent with benzodiazepine withdrawal.  In a strange way it was reassuring. We will get through this. It is temporary. And the only way out is through. PVCs resolved from that episode, but I never know when they'll hit. Ugh.

Hi, Joy. If you haven't read it already, you might find the post below helpful. Yes, I have had such things, as have many. I had about 30% irregular beats (PVCs/PACs) at one time.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=227879.0

Hi, Joy. If you haven't read it already, you might find the post below helpful. Yes, I have had such things, as have many. I had about 30% irregular beats (PVCs/PACs) at one time.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=227879.0

Thank you for that link.....i could not find the post and did not want to look dumb. So thank you...very reassuring!