Trigger

[48...]

[48...]
What are you even supposed to do if you are extremely suicidal. I see people say go to a doctor right away. But they can't do anything. I can't distract from non-stop loud racing thoughts.  At this point I'm going to be protected for years. I'm thinking of trying a reinstatement and if it doesn't work I'm out.

Going to the doctor when feeling suicidal is about keeping yourself safe Failureisnotanoption.  I have had such thoughts, but they are only thoughts and I have not, will not act on them. 

If for one moment I thought I was at risk of actually harming myself I would seek professional help immediately.  Not going to hurt myself because of stupid benzo withdrawal that's for sure. 

Keep yourself safe.  :thumbsup:

Dee

:smitten:

What are you even supposed to do if you are extremely suicidal. I see people say go to a doctor right away. But they can't do anything. I can't distract from non-stop loud racing thoughts.  At this point I'm going to be protected for years. I'm thinking of trying a reinstatement and if it doesn't work I'm out.

It's important to seek out professional help with these thoughts, there are people who have the knowledge and experience to help you while we here are not qualified to do this.

The main thing is to be safe and knowing that your life is important.

Please look at these resources:

Self-Harm Resources

pianogirl  :smitten:

I went into the psych unit last week because of this. It's a safe place to be when you're that low. Please remember that. I know there is alot of negative talk about them, but your safety is #1. It's always an option. There's ALWAYS an option. 💖

I am so sorry you are suffering. That is one of my most pervasive symptoms and I never had that before benzo withdraw. The only thing that has helped me is to write a letter to myself when I am in a window of sorts and when these symptoms are not present. Then I can read my own words and hold on for a bit. I've gotten to where you are almost 90% of the time and it's unbearable. If you feel you might act upon your urges/thoughts, I would seek emergency services. They will keep you safe until you are more stable. Please know you are not alone, friend.

Suicidal thoughts are not uncommon for benzo wd. I would guess this is because bwd is something we never knew cold happen to us. I have been a nurse since 1982 and I never ONCE heard how awful benzo wd can be for some. Huh! Well, now I do know. Had to learn that the hard way. I too considered suicide several times and the only two reasons I did not act on it were my cats and my being sort of a wimp about pain.

Warrior gave you a good advice. Keep a journal and write yourself a letter. In it, detail all the things you want to experience again. Good stuff!

But I also agree with other advice given you. BB is not a place for someone who is actively suicidal. THAT needs IN PERSON help. Alibuttons is dead on right: the ER will be your safe place if you feel you are getting out of control.

east