Coffee??

[Iw...]

I have steered clear of caffeine for three months now and I miss my coffee so much  :'( 

I had to eventually give it up due to it throwing me into some pretty insane panic attacks..

Anyone like me and have you been able to pick it back up at all? Even if it's decaf... It still has caffeine in it.

I am afraid to try

Overall I am feeling much better these last couple weeks. DR has subsided for the most part this month which is a huge relief.

edit: font size

I'm 13 months out and still have terrible reactions to too much caffeine, but I've been drinking decaf and haven't run into any issues yet.

Hello,

At 4 months off I did not drink anything with caffeine and yes, I missed my morning latte.  However, I knew that it ramped up my symptoms significantly, especially the nerve burning feeling throughout my body.

At about 6 months off I decided to try decaf.  Yes, there is a small amount of caffeine in decaf, but I tolerated it fine. I didn't like it though because I'm a bit of a coffee fanatic. Special beans, grind right before brewing.....

We took a trip when I was 7 months off and I accidentally drank caffeinated coffee. To my surprise I didn't feel any ill effects. After that I was back to the good stuff although I'm not a huge coffee drinker, one good latte in the morning.

Everyone is different so you'll have to decide when it's time to test the waters.

pianogirl  :smitten:

I've tried decaf for the last week or so. Definitely miss that little kick in the pants in the morning. Haven't noticed less anxiety, so I think I'll try regular again soon.

Try one cup and see how you do.

I've been messing with coffee prob since month 4. I still have a ton of symptoms but it makes me feel better during the day while drinking it. I've had to adjust the amounts here and there and I've never been able to tolerate more than one shot of espresso a day since quitting benzos.

I wouldn't dare try yet. I did try quitting recently when things got really bad recently but it made me so down without it I went back.

The thing I've found with coffee is if its too much I pretty much pay for it that night but then I don't think it effects me the next day.

Sugar I feel like I can keep paying for days after. I started eating it more but it would be better if I cut it out.

Try a small amount but set aside the day just for that and see how you do. Most likely if it hits you bad you will feel it that day.

IWill:

Even if it's decaf... It still has caffeine in it.

If you buy Swiss Water Process Decaf, all the caffeine has been removed.

I started my journey back to coffee with that. I missed the taste of coffee so much, as well as the zip it gave me in the morning.

Then "regular" decaf. Then half caf, half decaf. That's where I am now. I might graduate to full caf . . . I'll just have to see. I get a bit of a zip. Maybe that's enough.

Katz

At about 6 months off I can only tolerate decaf in the mornings and increased caffeine later in the day. Tea or coffee with lunch is no problem but first thing in the morning equals a anxious day.