Does Remeron have anxiolytic properties

[Th...]

My pdoc prescribed Remeron as per my suggestion as opposed to Zoloft. Does it have anxiolytic properties? I’m so fragile right now hope this helps me. What do you guys think?

I think it does. I took it many years ago after reinstating my K and tapering. It really helped me with sleep, but I only took a very small dose of 3.75mg and sometimes half of that. I had no trouble getting off of it. If I have to, I would use it again if I had to. I do advocate using a lot drugs at all, but this one seems to help. The only one I used besides the K.  :)

I think it does. I took it many years ago after reinstating my K and tapering. It really helped me with sleep, but I only took a very small dose of 3.75mg and sometimes half of that. I had no trouble getting off of it. If I have to, I would use it again if I had to. I do advocate using a lot drugs at all, but this one seems to help. The only one I used besides the K.  :)

I need to correct myself. I meant to state that I don't advocate using a lot of drugs during taper, but the Remeron seems to help. I would use it at night as needed for sleep.

My pdoc prescribed Remeron as per my suggestion as opposed to Zoloft. Does it have anxiolytic properties? I’m so fragile right now hope this helps me. What do you guys think?

Worked for me!

After about 6 months on the "psych med merry-go-round"  " (diazepam lorazepam, zoloft, geodon, buspar, lyrica, and probably a few I've forgotten) with no success, and some serious side effects, Remeron worked.  22.5-30mg per day for about 2 1/2 years.

It made me functional again, no major side effects, and a very easy witrhdrawal  (2 week taper, zero WD sxs)

I’m on the edge of going on another medication. My family is begging me! I was prescribed or rather suggested Remeron from what I’ve heard on these posts. I don’t have any major problems with sleep yet but my DP/DR through the roof. I’m already feeling numb most of the time, I don’t want to take something and disassociate even more. It’s crazy how my psychiatrist prescribed Zoloft then I mentioned Remeron and he said ok like it didn’t make a difference.

They make a 7.5mg pill, so that might be a great dose to start at and see how you feel. Take it at night and it will help you sleep. Lower doses cause sleepiness and higher doses are more stimulating. IMO, I believe it one of the best A/D out there especially if you are in withdrawal. The other SSRI's can cause anxiety. This is a Tetracyclic A/D.

[5c...]
I started on 15 mg Remeron at about 2 months off benzos after 14 years use. It was a total game changer as I went from inpatient to working again in a month. I have been on 22.5 mg for 6 months now and I feel better . I did a ton of research and it seemed like the best thing to try and I’m so glad I did.

[5c...]

I want to use it as a buffer hopefully for withdrawal symptoms. Is 7 mg too high to start?

I would start at 15 mg but that’s me .

I want to use it as a buffer hopefully for withdrawal symptoms. Is 7 mg too high to start?

At 7mg, its only an antihistamine, with no AD or anxiolytic properties.  For a therapeutic effect (AD/anxio) the minimum dose is 15mg.

I agree. I was thinking that starting at 7.5mg and slowly work up to 15mg to see how you feel. The larger doses help with anxiety/depression and the lower doses help with sleep. I took a low dose and it did seem to help my anxiety. We are all different. I weighed about 105lbs at the time, so I wanted to start out low. You will get it figured out. I am hoping this will be the answer for you.

I’m in tolerance withdrawal and am worried it might ramp up symptoms. I’m hanging from a string I think

I was C/T and then right after reinstatement I tapered which was foolish. I had a lot of symptoms and was afraid of any drug because of your concern. That is why I started low. I think if you start at 7.5mg and wait a few days you might see some improvement and then you could bump it up to 15 and upwards after. I too, was hanging by a string and it helped me a lot. Are you sleeping at all?

Also, I was about 5 months post reinstatement and still tapering. I went on a trip with a friend up to Georgia. I was extremely anxious, but I did fine and it was the Remeron that helped me. She and I were up there for a retreat for a week. I was able to sleep and function very well. I am not trying to be a drug pusher, but you have been wanting to try an A/D and a few us here posted on how well it worked. 

Thanks! I’m not sleeping lately. The pill all of a sudden pooped out. I can fall asleep but wake up 2-3 hours later. That means I’m going to have to go through another withdrawal