anxiety/ panic attacks

[mi...]

hi  :)

Ive been dealing with constant anxiety now, I know its to be expected while tapering.

I can handle that for the most part.

I'm having a hard time with panic attacks I get a 1-3 a day and sometimes I just don't know what to do.

I experience rapid heart beat

palpitations

sweating/clammy skin

slight chest pains

jaw clenching/pain and teeth grinding

I get confused

I get cold

dizziness

trouble swallowing(sometimes)

and physically can't get up and move around

they last anywhere from 30 mins to an hour

once its over I have a headache

I'm terrified of cardiac arrest or a heart attack. I hope this fear passes soon.

does anyone else feel the same?

Yes i get the same thing. I have hadbthem my whole life. Tou descibe it perfectly.  If you want to get checked for piece of mind you should. Sounds like panic attacks to me. I know they are terrifying. Feel better

thank you! :)

I've been checked some EKGs come back abnormal but my cardiologist isn't worried at all. but I am :(

I'm working on it. I just truly hope I'm not like this forever!

I hope you get well soon!!

Oh you wont be. My anxiety is so much better than it was. You wont stay like that forever. These meds are truly horruble. Feel better soon. 

Years ago when I first started having PA s I asked my cardiologist about them being harmful and he explained that basically the same thing happens when we exercise , say on a treadmill.

Our heart rates increase to 130 plus, our BP Increases, we sweat, he said absolutely not harmful to our health!!

It’s been over 20 years and although I hate them, I just try and ride them out now. They are scary,  nothing more! Easier said than done, I know!

We are made to experience all those symptoms in the event something bad was to happen only our flight / fight is a little screwy. If you could  eliminate  Some of the fear and feel confident that health wise, panic attacks are not a threat, you may find that you are  experiencing  Less panic attacks because fear/ anticipation is prerequisite to panic attacks.

I am literally on a 5 day rollercoaster of panic and palpitations. Dry mouth. Fear. Dread. Trembling. I think it is our bodies trying to regulate.  The fear is feeding the panic and I think the heart skips. But if it continues, I might get checked out. Sounds like your doctor has given you the ok and some reassurance.  Keep repeating what your doctor told you.....I am so sorry this is happening to you.....and to us all.

angelinnny555 that's good to know. :) they scare me too my heart just feels irregular sometimes then it will pause for a split second then it will thump really hard. hoping they go away. I hope yours go away too. they're debilitating for me right now. even just walking up stairs is a struggle my heart skips beats I get extremely dizzy and have to sit immediately. ugh im too young for this. I can't imagine life when Im older I truly hope I get better. 

Joyatlast51 im sorry you're going through this. its so hard. I try to tell my self I'm ok but my brain just thinks otherwise I can't even help it most of the time. I hope this passes fast for you.

angelinnny555 that's good to know. :) they scare me too my heart just feels irregular sometimes then it will pause for a split second then it will thump really hard. hoping they go away. I hope yours go away too. they're debilitating for me right now. even just walking up stairs is a struggle my heart skips beats I get extremely dizzy and have to sit immediately. ugh im too young for this. I can't imagine life when Im older I truly hope I get better. 

Joyatlast51 im sorry you're going through this. its so hard. I try to tell my self I'm ok but my brain just thinks otherwise I can't even help it most of the time. I hope this passes fast for you.

Thank you for those wonderful wishes. I hope your sx are under control. I sometimes feel my mind is driving the bus. And we all know that fear feeds the panic. In my case I have to learn more about Valium lag.......I hipe you have a good weekend.....