Could this be a wave?

[Sh...]

I was a short term user of Ativan, and after 2 days of acute withdrawal, I had 3 weeks feeling great.

Sunday things went downhill and last night was terrible.

Nausea, burning skin feeling, hot and cold, tossed and turned all night (slept only 20 min at a time) and super weird dreams every time. This morning it’s terrible fatigue to the point that my husband had to get the kids to school for me.

Or could this be my body still adjusting to the SSRI I began 4 weeks ago? I started on a baby dose of Zoloft 12.5mg and slowly tapered up to 25mg. Didn’t have any side effects. I reached the 25mg dosage 2 weeks ago, so could my body still be adjusting to that?

Last night felt a lot like my acute withdrawal!

Need some words of wisdom!

It could be a wave or you could be adjusting to the new antidepressant you’re taking and the symptoms will go away I’m not a doctor I’m not a psychologist and I’m not one to give advice but if we’re me I will try to work on my anxiety first with the psychologist or therapist before taking any kind of drugs I had to learn the hard way. Are you still have a chance before you get too deep into the antidepressants. It’s a personal decision. Anyways you can be having an adverse reaction that’s what happened to me I took Paxil and I had a adverse reaction I didn’t know it till a psychiatrist told me about a year later that’s what happened I’m not scaring you work with your doctor or psychiatrist whatever my primary care doctor never wanted to prescribe anything first he always  suggested psychology and therapy first.

Thanks so much for the reply! My plan with the SSRI is to be on it for a year, at this low dose, while doing CBT, and then taper off. I’ve had GAD for most of my life (it was why I took the Ativan in the first place). But, if I’m still feeling all these flu-symptoms a week from now, I’ll probably taper off the Zoloft.

My psychiatrist and the moderator of BB both have said that it would be unlikely for me to have extended withdrawal symptoms from only 11 days of Ativan. So that makes me think I’m experiencing side effects of the Zoloft (even tho I didn’t have any side effects for the first 3 weeks)... I guess it’s possible that I didn’t experience immediate side effects bc I began on just 12.5mg, which my body may not have felt. I’m currently at 25mg, which is still low but perhaps that’s the point here my body feels it and doesn’t like it?

I’ve emailed my psychiatrist for her opinion.

I’m trying to decide what else I can do in the meantime to ride out these symptoms. Tylenol? Melatonin for sleep? Zofran for nausea? I’m naturally worried that any of these will give some worse side effect, but I’m also desperate for some relief.

What has worked for the rest of you?