I need help. Drowning in a wave.

[Jo...]

Please, if anyone had this happen please tell me now. I have had 4 days of sheer terror and hell. I cut too quickly! It has been a long road for me. I started at 40 mg of Valium last July. I made it down to 5 mg in about 14 months. Then I got it in my head to go from 5 mg. To 3.75. A 25% drop. The first 2 weeks, I thought "hey I can handle this." At week 3, the wave came crashing. Bad. Here are my symptoms and please if anyone has had this cluster would you tell me? Almost total insomnia. A big increase of skipped, extra, and pounding heartbeats. (Usually my propranolol suppresses the majority of these. And usually Benedryl helps with allergies and sinus stuff.)

Waking up in sheer terror. Shaking and trembling. Running to the bathroom. Nose running and sinuses swelling shut. And to top it all off a 15 minute episode of tachycardia last night (125 bpm) It self resolved but scared me as that had not happened to me since June/July 2018. I have decided to updose to 4.5 mg. Which is a sensible 10% drop from 5 mg. I dread living like this. I dread the nights.I feel I am dying. Can a wave be this bad, this long? Can you get palps most of the day for days on end. Please help a b buddy out and tell me. I feel like this is insane.

I have had extended periods in some tapers where my heart had PVCs/PACs up to 30% of the time. I had very short tachycardia ... only about 4 beats. The lag time of Valium can make things tricky to judge.

Sorry that you are suffering. Yes, waves can hit suddenly and last a long time. Have you considered a daily liquid micro taper? Many find that more tolerable than cut and hold, especially at the end of their tapers. I plan on talking to my pdoc about it during my next appointment.

Sorry that you are suffering. Yes, waves can hit suddenly and last a long time. Have you considered a daily liquid micro taper? Many find that more tolerable than cut and hold, especially at the end of their tapers. I plan on talking to my pdoc about it during my next appointment.

I thank you for writing. Adrenaline and cortisol surges are so horrible! I can't  figure out the liquid way, but I did get a gram scale from Amazon and will use a fresh nail file to ensure accurate cuts. I may visit my cardiologist just to check in, as it has been over a year. Thank you again. Do you get shaking and a jittery feeling deep in your core? And chills?

You're aware that diazepam comes in a generic liquid form, right? You can get a 5 mg/5ml version to make really small cuts, like 0.01 mg.

Yes, chills, paresthesia, morning anxiety (seem to get a break at night), shaking, head pressure, cog-fog ... and lots more. I'm still functioning though, just not as high as I'd like, of course.