Bed bound and looking for suggestions

[md...]

Has anyone else done, or heard of a similar experience of this?

I screwed up and do not know what to. After being put on and off multiple meds, and c/t off most of them after no results, I restarted previous prescribed Klonopin, which was not helping after a month, so I quickly reducing .75 mg K to .5o k, then switched from .50 K to .25k and 5 mg V for 1 week and then dropped k and did 8 mg of V and started 1 mg taper per 7 to 10 days, tapered it down to 6mg while experiencing multiple symptoms and have been feeling awful!! I thought since I was only on the K short term ( all together over 3 months this run) I would be able to taper off fast.

Wondering if I should go back up on the V and start a slower taper? My dr gives no advice and wants me to add Zoloft and I have not touched it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

mdv42

9 posts

LocationBoston

Posted 1 hour ago

Ativan 1mg 2007 - 10/2018 PRN

Ativan 1 mg 11/2018 - 1/2019 up to 1 mg a day on occasion 2mg due to stress/anxiety/IBS and sleep

1/2019 ( end of January) - INSOMNIA

Atiivan up to 2MG 1/2019 - for  days (didn't work)  dr took me off c/t

Trazadone 50 MG up to 100mg 2/8 7 pills 8 (did not work)

Ambien 5 mg 2/12 3 pills (did not work)

Ambien 2/15 6.25 mg 3 pills (did not work)

Ambien 2/20 12.5 mg 1 pill (did not work)

Ativan 2/20 1 mg 2o pills as needed for anxiety

Temazapam 2/25 7.5 mg 3 mg (Did not work)

Eszopiclone 2/27 2 mg 2 pill (did not work

Mirtazapine 2/28 7.5 7 pills (did not work, made me messed up)

Mirtazapine 3/15 15 mg 4 pills (did not work /hight anxiety )

Celexa  4/10 10 mg 16 pillls (gave me high anxiety / stopped c/t)

Ativan 4/10 .5 mg 4 tid - stopped and switched to klonopin

Klonopin 4/12 .5  twice a day, sometimes just once bid

Seroqual 4/22 50mg 6 pills

Seroqual 4/28 100 mg 1 pill (did not work)

Mirtazapine 5/2018 15mg 14 pills (did not work) c/t

Buspar 10 mg tid 6/2019

Klonopin .5 bid .25 day 6/2019

Zoloft 25 mg 1 daily

Liquid Valium ) 50 K to .25k and 5 mg V for 1 week and then dropped k and did 8 mg of V and started 1 mg taper per 7 to 10 

Amytipiluline 10 mg 1 pill 8/16

Clonodine .01mg 2 pills 8/21

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mdv42,  I know you don't this but I cannot PM anyone right now. I will try to answer you here.

Only you know how bad you feel and how much you could bear. You did a WAY too fast taper, but you did not know that. You did what you thought was best. How awful wd can be for some and not for others remains a mystery. Well, now you know. Heres the real kicker in terms of you: even if you  HAD done a proper taper, you might still have felt so awful. My guess is that that probably would have happened. Some people are just prone to this and no one knows why.

I am sure you know this, but if you do reinstate, the next wd might be worse. People call this kindling.

I do have to point out that when someone does reinstate, they don't always get the same results they used to. However, some people do feel better. Its entirely up to you what to do, as I said before, only you know how bad you feel and how much you can take.

You can always reach me on my SS. I check in there almost every day. I would like to know what you decide.

Thanks for the response. I took the additional 1 mg this am and honestly I feel like poop but I also have been having a stressful day.

It has been 3 days now updating 1 mg per day, I guess its probably to late to go back? I wasn't going to do it and then I had a panic attack today and took the 1 mg thinking Mayne it will n=help mainstream if I stay at 6? Not sure, have you heard of anyone kindled for 1 mg? I could take 1 mg less before bed that would keep me at 4?

To top things off, My psychiatrist told me I need to go on Zoloft and Seroqual for sleep and hold the Valium, and she was my new psychiatrist, looks like I will be looking for another one. Idk anymore, tired and just want to sleep!

Oh der God. Another stupid psych doc. I would strongly suggest you do NOT go on any new drugs. our brain has to heal from benzos first. Funny because I just wrote in my SS about Seroquel and how it did not help me at all. Nor did ADs. I tried Remeron. Nothing. I now dislike SSRIs very much and wouldn't suggest them to my worst enemy.

Mdv, you need to stop blaming yourself! You had no way of knowing how awful wd can be for some! It comes as a huge surprise to everyone. I am a nurse and worked in a detox place and I didn't know. Blaming yourself is useless and its time to be a lot more positive and upbeat.

No one knows if kindling even exists. Its just a term benzo folk have coined to sort of explain some weird things. I would not fuss about that stuff. Turn your attention now to a real plan of action, because you sort of DID reinstate. Design a taper, and then stick with it no matter how bad you feel. This is the really important part: as long as you are on a benzo you will NOT heal. You have to be benzo free for your brain to heal itself. I know many people who have done ridiculously long micro tapering and suffer just as badly as I did, but for FAR LONGER. I am not a fan of long tapers, but understand why they are safer. The only really dangerous thing about benzo wd is the tiny chance of having a seizure. All other benzo wd symptoms can be born, can be coped with, can be dealt with no matter how yucky you feel. A lot of benzo wd is learning new ways of coping with anxiety, insomnia, fear, etc. You have to be receptive to suggestions people here tell you, and no matter how strange they might seem, TRY them. Find out what works for you and what doesn't.

Something else we have to learn is to never blindly trust a doctor again. Only YOU controls what drugs you take. Just because some fool doctor says you should take some drug does not mean he/she is correct! You are the master of your ship, no one else is. When I moved to a new town, 3 years after my CT, I chose my new doctor just for this exact reason. He never tells me what I should do. He only gives me his opinion and only I decide what I WILL do. Plus he's a super nice guy. My older doctor wanted to rule over me and did not listen to any other opinion. He was "THE DOCTOR" and I was "JUST A PATIENT".

Normal sleep will come back in time. You absolutely will NOT die from lack of sleep. Go back to my SS and read the first page or so. I talk about this a lot as I did not sleep - literally - for an entire year.

You can always reach me on my second SS. I may be an opinionated old lady but I do know what I know and am not afraid to say so. Of course, I don't know everything and never pretend to. I do speak my mind.

east (Annie)

Thank you Annie.

Your message was the best message I have ever got and very uplifting and knowledgeable. I have been having a bad day and that really lifted my spirits. My plan moving forward was or is taper off of the 6 mg every 2 weeks. Not sure if I should 5 or 10 percent, wdyt?

I was going to try this natural Melatonin Drug call Orexin to see if that helps as it is a more natural non habit forming option you can take for sleep here and there. Not sure if heard about it, or if it works, but thought it being something on the sleep foundation website and more natural it may be with a try? https://www.sleepfoundation.org/articles/orexin-receptor-antagonists-new-class-sleeping-pill

I look forward to being myself again, I miss the old me and I have lost a lot through this journey, but I am going to keep pushing!

Please keep in touch!

Best, Matthew

• 3 weeks later...

This is for mdv42. Hey, you know I cannot PM, so why not write to me on my Blog? Eastcoasts Trip 2. I check in there daily.

I hear your pain and frustration. I would NOT change from V to some other benzos. Waste of time and wont help, in my opinion. I also would not updose, as this just confuses your CNS even more. Insomnia is one of the most common wd symptoms. Its awful but can be dealt with. You have to just ACCEPT that your brain is too wired up to sleep normally and that this IS normal for benzo wd. No OTC drug or supplement will help either. Its a tough it out thing. I did not sleep for an entire year- no lie, not an exaggeration. I was THAT wired up, mdv. Thirty years of benzos and going cold turkey caused that. I did not die although I sometimes wanted to. I was so paranoid back then I would not see a doctor for any reason, unless it was life threatening. What ended up helping was: 1. TIME 2. Listening to Sleep Hypnosis videos on YouTube. It took about 3 months for the hypnotic suggestions to work, but they finally DID! I was so glad to get some sleep, even if broken.

I will bump up my Blog for you, okay? Write me there, please, as I do want to help you (and others).

east

Hi mdv!

Go to the Home page and scroll way down, until you see "Buddy Blogs." Click on the one that says EastcoastsTrip Two. That is where you can reliably reach me now. I so want to help you. My personal goal is to attempt to help as many people as I can, safely and sanely get off benzos. You also should read maybe the first 2 or 3 pages of my new Blog, because I attempt to describe the horrible wd I went through. And survived, just as you will.

Please do not give up. Your life IS important, just as mine is. Getting through benzo wd can feel endless and you start to think you are somehow different from everyone else. I can tell you that you are NOT any different, but you will still think that until you start to really heal.

Please check out my Blog and if you still have trouble finding it, let me know HERE. Not being able to PM is  really hurting my ability to help people, but that is what is happening now.

Annie (east)