Stomach problems

[Da...]

Hi, I am current on 7mgs of Valium down from 10mgs.

I am experiencing bad stomach pains and general upset digestive system. Is this normal

for Valium?? Any comments welcomed. Thanks Dave

Hi Benzo3

Thanks for the message, this is my second time around in five years or so. Last time i did not get the terrible nausea I am getting now, hopefully as the dosage goes down it will go away. I am following the Ashton method as before. Gone over to V from  0.8mgs of Xanax.

I see you may have done part of your taper too fast, I think that this happens to a high percentage of people who just want it over with.

Good luck and be well

David

Hi DavidJC,

Stomach issues are very common in withdrawal. There are Benzo receptors in the gut, so that explains a lot of the issues. More the reason to take it slow and listen to your body. Eat the best that you can and stay hydrated.

Hi,

Yes, its been GI issues, -the effects of cramping, spasms, and smooth muscle spasticity, etc. that dictated my taper speeds off all my problematic meds...  But it does get much better at the good points of my tapering...

It sure can wear one out though.. :(

Hope you pick up soon..

:)

hi Cantfly!

Thanks for message, although this is my second taper in 5 years of so, the first one was successful, I don't remember the GI issues, but I guess they must have been there, this time the dosage is higher, which I am sure the increases chances of problems. The first taper is kinda of a blur, guess I don't want to remember it.

Thanks and be well

David

hi Cantfly!

Thanks for message, although this is my second taper in 5 years of so, the first one was successful, I don't remember the GI issues, but I guess they must have been there, this time the dosage is higher, which I am sure the increases chances of problems. The first taper is kinda of a blur, guess I don't want to remember it.

Thanks and be well

David

You too mate..

I empathise, -Its been a killer GI day for me.. “Alas, back to square one..” as they say...

:)

Hi Tweed8

Thanks for post.

Sounds like you have been through hell with Valium sadly for both of us it reassures my own symptoms. And I am glad to see you have been able to get right down, that's great. Nausea has been so bad for me too, lost weight which isn't such a bad thing as I was over weight. I keep some dry crackers which seems to settle my stomach, protein drinks work as well.

Morning depression is an issue too, I hope is goes as taper continues.

Earlier before in the year before I started my taper, I had all kinds of stomach issues, now I know where they originated from. My shrink nonchalantly remarked yes, benzos do affect you stomach.

Good luck to you.

David

I have been tapering for several years; fought my way to 1.4 mg Valium, and have for the past months been plagued by stomach problems very much like what you all describe: mine wakes me up in the middle of the night - does this happen to you as well?

Yup they're challenging. And it's so hard to sort out what's Valium - and Valium reduction - what's residual Gabapentin damage (and I believe there is some) and what is just life - sounds like you're doing a bit better though o king -  :thumbsup:

Up and down day. hope to cut to 6mgs on 9/3 I see you have got a good way down, that's really good to see, what is your next cut going to be and and what point are you going to jump?

good luck with it all.

David

Hi Dave-

I am going so slow I make the turtles on LHSG look like greyhounds. I can feel a cut of .002 mg and that is what is happening right now (I hope - it's either that or some kind of horrible cancer). I will wait at least another month until I do anything, and then only if I get stable and this recent bout of pelvic pain goes away. But I've had a decade of other health issues, and most people here do muuuch better than I. I will take years to get off but I am trying to function and that is always my priority, rather than what my ticker says. What about you?? When are you planning your next cut, and how is the taper going? Do you by any chance have pain that wakes you up at night?

I was doing fine and having rare issues with my stomach and then, this last month, GI issues all day, every day.  Have a feeling it will be like this till the end but what can I do?  Nothing!!! Sucks, I know!!! Everybody....hang in there!!!❤

Hi, I had really bad stomach issues, they do however seem to have calmed down a bit, I hope this happens for you too. I did lose my appetite for a while but is slowly coming back, I guess with this horrible journey we just have to stick with it whilst the body rights itself.

I don't know about you but i fixate sometimes and it just make the whole thing worse.

Good luck

David