20 years of high dose!

[Ju...]

8 mg Klonopin cold turkey 2 months ago. So I came to benzo buddies because there's a lot of repetitive crap on the internet that doesn't solve my situation. 20 years of high dose Klonopin, 8 mg a day, as well as 40 mg of Valium a day on and off for essential tremors a neurological disorder. I'm not even going to list the Xanax and Ativan and Other Drugs because they are relevant. I went cold turkey 2 months ago and I've been clean. No seizures or anything. But it's not getting better. Completely housebound and still experiencing sweats and Shakes and close to delirium. Don't want to go to the hospital and relapse. Luckily I'm strong in the head so I'm only trying to figure out is this anxiety or is it withdrawal syndrome? The only other time that I came off of them I drank alcohol. I'm trying not to do that this time. Another thing, I take phenobarbital. Hopefully that doesn't affect it. Thanks.

Hi JustInTime :hug: Welcome to Benzobuddies

We are glad you are here.  Sorry for what you are going through.  It is not a good idea to stop taking these medications suddenly, cold turkey. It can bring on some serious withdrawal symptoms.  Anxiety is a common withdrawal symptom.  The symptoms are temporary and can be horrendous.  It does get better eventually  but it can take quite a long time for the CNS to fully recover. You will find some very valuable support and information on the forum.  Feel free to browse the boards and post questions to any of the dedicated threads.

I will put a link to the Ashton Manual, it is a definitive resource about these medications. It helps in understanding the effect benzo’s have on our body.  It provides withdrawal information and includes a list of common symptoms 

I will leave a few links for you to check out:

Professor Ashtons Manual

Cold Turkey Detox & Rapid Withdrawal Board

Post withdrawal recovery support board

We have a dedicated board dealing with and Anxiety issues, I'll leave you links, you can connect with others, you may find something that will help you.

Anxiety     

Please feel free to ask questions , members can respond with the best information if they know your medication history so I will ask you to create a signature line listing your medication and dose.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

Hello, thanks for the reply. That's what I have been trying to figure out is whether it is anxiety or just withdrawal that is mimicking it. Because I was on such high doses, for so long, I can't differentiate the two. Another thing is that like I posted, I take phenobarbital as well for the neurological condition so I don't know if that is depressing my central nervous system and prolonging it. If you have any ideas let me know please. As I have been researching this for 20 years. In case it helps, I never really did have much anxiety so it would be weird to just show up in my thirties.