Fake news and those who post it....

[mi...]

I've read posts on bb since spring of 2017. It's not hard to find every flavor of pain that exists in the world on this forum. What really pisses me off is when I see a user with 100's of posts who was barely even on the drug. And they post like they are some kinda leader of all the Benzo Warriors.

Please make this stop.

In my current state I cannot just ignore this because this fight is for real and when somebody posts some relevant information I want to read it. It's not for some bored kids trolling this forum for attention.

[81...]
Why does it matter if only on for 2 weeks or 25 years?  I was only on for 3.5 weeks and my mental symptoms are far worse than anything I have read on here at 8.5 months out.

Most kids aren't on any drugs and if their parent tells them they are sick they will believe it. This information has the same effect.

[93...]
Middleson I'm not appreciating your comments, there is much evidence that 2 weeks on a benzo is enough to rewire a cns. I was only on it 6 weeks at a low dose  and had a stroke being ripped off it, I'm still in hell at 20 months off. If you can't find it in you to be compassionate and supportive don't post. This forum isn't all about you.

Why does it matter if only on for 2 weeks or 25 years?  I was only on for 3.5 weeks and my mental symptoms are far worse than anything I have read on here at 8.5 months out.

seriously....2 weeks or 25 years. you're serious about this question?

I know somebody who ate an edible one time and it screwed them up for like a year. I know someone on this forum who took Klonopin only for ten days and did a seven day taper and he has suffered like me with insomnia and depression for a long time. It's possible to get screwed up after a couple weeks of use. I think you might be mad at people who used for a short time and then had a very short withdrawal who are posting and saying they are healed when maybe they didn't have it as bad as many on this forum.

this is not true. nobody ate an edible and it set them back a year. you choose to believe this bs and that is a huge part of the problem. now, that person believed the edible set him back a year but this idea is foolish. do you think our bodies/brain/cns is that delicate? if it was we'd be dead by now.

Middleson, why don’t you put your history in your signature including timeline and dosage? I pretty much always respond based on that information.  If you see someone who doesn’t have similar experience, why not just ignore?  The dose and timeline certainly matter but BB is big enough for everybody imo.

I was on 3 different meds for a decade, switching as necessary. klonopin, valuim and ambien for the required dose to sleep. I don't recall the doses other than the ambien which was 12.5 mg(highest you can get). never used during the day.

The point is to put it in your signature though.  Respond and ignore accordingly. There are some people with histories that make absolutely no sense and before I get involved in a blackhole conversation, I check to make sure what they’re saying lines up with their history and my understanding of withdrawal. There’s an ignore list too and you can put in a member’s name and their posts will show up as ignored.

Middleson,

There are people who took only a handful of benzos and suffer for years and there's are also people who took it for decades heal in months. If you read through the success stories, you will see that that's the truth, no matter how ridiculous it sounds. Since each person's brain chemistry is different, it takes different amount of benzos to wreak damage on the nervous system and a different amount of time for everyone to heal.

I myself was on benzos for total time 1.5 months including the taper, not that long compared to many on here, but I assure you that my withdrawal is comparable in severity, if not worse, to theirs. If you read my sig, you will see, I am still disabled from my symptoms and it's been 5 months since my last dose. It took my brain and body only 10 days to experience dependency and interdose withdrawals. None of the psychiatrists, doctors therapists believed this to be true, yet I have been in hell because of this

short term
use and lost my career, relationships, and health.

Please don't invalidate other people's suffering. Length of time on the benzos does not equate to intensity nor length of suffering. You can read Ashton's manual on this to be more knowledgeable and empathetic to others who are in the same boat as you, despite shorter use.

I will have to give this a break....I can't be in the business of pointing out the reals from the fakes but there are some hella fakes on here. I will never believe 2 weeks = 25 years regardless. 

If you're looking for something chances are you will find it and I think for all the success of sharing that goes on here there is an equal amount of total bs. Trust me, I wish I never had to look at this site again but on some days I need it.

The Ashton manual. Just another thing that panics folks. It's a step or a piece of information but benzo buddies has hella content too. Somebody posted today about the manual saying that some folks don't heal and there you go...full on panic.

I see folks wanting to prove things by this manual and the only thing that can be proven in my estimation is that healing is not linear. It's a good idea to taper and beyond that what is this manual? maybe even worse than the real bible.

Benzo Buddies is invaluable for the various intel that comes thru from the wholly healed to the scared shitless.

But folks on here are so conditioned to the lingo they speak as if they're actual scientists. Gaba receptor this and gaba receptor that. This is also not helping.

And god help you if you disobey any of the benzo buddies testaments.....thrown to hell and to never have a voice in healing again.

maybe this is worse than the known religions...

If someone drinks everyday, all day, for two weeks, they will have withdrawals when they stop. Scheduled benzodiazepine dosing has the same impact on the brain. So I believe withdrawal from benzos can happen after two weeks. As for the protracted length of time it happens after that short term use...that I’m not so sure about with the how/why. My guess is it just seriously ramps up some underlying shit but who knows.

Middleson I do see your point. Of course SOME people will have a horrible withdrawal after taking benzos for two weeks, but it's not so common. My heart goes out to them of course.

However, I see threads where a buddie  has CTd after many years of benzos and after 38 days is considering reinstatement and slow taper from there. People chime in, some encourage to not reinstate and they can be long term users who went through a hellish CT at times. Others I see advise not to reinstate because they came off CT and here they are, healed after X months. Then you look at their signature and they used benzos only for weeks and they're advising a user of ten or more years to go on with the CT assuming the experience will have some similarity?? I also cringe when I see that. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I’m one of the unfortunate souls who started getting WD after *one week*. It’s rare but it happens. I went into severe withdrawal after quitting and still suffering 15 months later. I wish I knew why but my life has been miserable for months. Still unable to sleep 7-8 hours and exercise. All because I didn’t taper for 3-6-9-etc months. I beat myself up routinely for taking this for such a benign  reason, too.

I’ve had to start an antidepressant because of this and spent countless dollars on therapy. I don’t understand how my health and happiness could be taken from me within 10 days.

Oh, and I had an edible years ago and it messed me up for a solid month or so. Some people are just very sensitive to psychoactive substances.

The Ashton manual. Just another thing that panics folks. It's a step or a piece of information but benzo buddies has hella content too. Somebody posted today about the manual saying that some folks don't heal and there you go...full on panic.

I see folks wanting to prove things by this manual and the only thing that can be proven in my estimation is that healing is not linear. It's a good idea to taper and beyond that what is this manual? maybe even worse than the real bible.

Benzo Buddies is invaluable for the various intel that comes thru from the wholly healed to the scared shitless.

But folks on here are so conditioned to the lingo they speak as if they're actual scientists. Gaba receptor this and gaba receptor that. This is also not helping.

And god help you if you disobey any of the benzo buddies testaments.....thrown to hell and to never have a voice in healing again.

middleson459,

Benzo Buddies was created for the sole purpose of providing support and information for those who wish to taper off benzodiazepines. That has been the mission for many years and will continue in the same manner until the issue of benzo withdrawal is validated by everyone in the medical community and best prescribing habits are required.

We are not selective in terms of membership, neither are we judgmental.  Who are we to doubt someone's reality, we can't know it because we haven't experienced it. Are some people less than honest about their situation, certainly, that is no different than out in the 'real' world'.

I don't believe that the Ashton Manual creates panic in some people.  You have to remember that it is and has been the only real resource available to those who wish to withdrawal safely from benzos.  Of course, there is bound to be overreaction during withdrawal, when the nervous system is in a state of high alert. This is common during withdrawal.

The only thing that the Ashton Manual proved to me was that yes, there was a way for me to come off a drug that was making me ill.  It also validated the myriad of strange and often severe withdrawal symptoms I was experiencing. Let's not relate the manual to a religious tome, neither should anyone denigrate a religious tome anywhere on the forum.

Knowledge is power, in my opinion. I trusted my doctors to have my best interest in mind and took medications that I didn't need and made me ill. Am I partly responsible because I didn't research the drug? Maybe, but my life was busy and I just trusted.  Learning about benzos, their mechanism of action, the long term effects, how they alter the central nervous system, all of these things were extremely helpful to me during the process of withdrawal.  Actually, we do have a number of scientists here on the forum and their contributions have been invaluable.

What testaments? What you have here, in part, are people who are frightened, scared, worried about their health.  Some people have a rougher time during withdrawal than others.  This is one of the few places where they can speak about their fears and feelings.  Symptoms that are severe and at times debilitating are real for many people.  This is their refuge.

Providing support and encouragement is what we do here, I question why you are so harsh to those who are struggling. 

pianogirl

Middleson your last post has actually given me a laugh today, probably because i tend to agree with it. LOL

YEAH, ME TOO..OVER HERE LAUGHING! oops capslock

middleson459,

Benzo Buddies was created for the sole purpose of providing support and information for those who wish to taper off benzodiazepines. That has been the mission for many years and will continue in the same manner until the issue of benzo withdrawal is validated by everyone in the medical community and best prescribing habits are required.

We are not selective in terms of membership, neither are we judgmental.  Who are we to doubt someone's reality, we can't know it because we haven't experienced it. Are some people less than honest about their situation, certainly, that is no different than out in the 'real' world'.

I don't believe that the Ashton Manual creates panic in some people.  You have to remember that it is and has been the only real resource available to those who wish to withdrawal safely from benzos.  Of course, there is bound to be overreaction during withdrawal, when the nervous system is in a state of high alert. This is common during withdrawal.

The only thing that the Ashton Manual proved to me was that yes, there was a way for me to come off a drug that was making me ill.  It also validated the myriad of strange and often severe withdrawal symptoms I was experiencing. Let's not relate the manual to a religious tome, neither should anyone denigrate a religious tome anywhere on the forum.

Knowledge is power, in my opinion. I trusted my doctors to have my best interest in mind and took medications that I didn't need and made me ill. Am I partly responsible because I didn't research the drug? Maybe, but my life was busy and I just trusted.  Learning about benzos, their mechanism of action, the long term effects, how they alter the central nervous system, all of these things were extremely helpful to me during the process of withdrawal.  Actually, we do have a number of scientists here on the forum and their contributions have been invaluable.

What testaments? What you have here, in part, are people who are frightened, scared, worried about their health.  Some people have a rougher time during withdrawal than others.  This is one of the few places where they can speak about their fears and feelings.  Symptoms that are severe and at times debilitating are real for many people.  This is their refuge.

Providing support and encouragement is what we do here, I question why you are so harsh to those who are struggling. 

pianogirl

Yes. Same here, me too.

Also; there are definitely members who are even protracted from short term use.

You make everyone a liar? You break the morale. I don’t think that is supportive or productive.

Is like saying “there are predators, liars, thieves, narcissists!” Yeah... we all have a part in the mess the entire planet is in.

I don’t know one person who doesn’t miss the mark in some way daily, or the ideal of what would create a peaceful and just earth to inhabit.