Do you guys think physical therapy or occupational theroay would help?

[Pt...]

Just wondering what everyone's opinion is on occupational theroay or physical therapy, or idea you've had experience with these 2. I saw my psychiatrist today and of course complained about how dysfunctional I am, so she suggested occupational therapy since they work with brain injury patients and ptsd folks. I don't know how's much use it would be at this point and what exactly they would be doing with me.

As for physical therapy, my parents have been taking me to the gym so I have been getting some pool walking and walking around the track in. When the weather gets colder though, I'm not sure this would be ideal to drive in snow 30 minutes a day back and forth. it could just be a matter of having someone come and force me to get off the couch for an hour everyday that would at least help my physical health not deteriorate.

Any experience or suggestions? Thnaks all!

Just wondering what everyone's opinion is on occupational theroay or physical therapy, or idea you've had experience with these 2. I saw my psychiatrist today and of course complained about how dysfunctional I am, so she suggested occupational therapy since they work with brain injury patients and ptsd folks. I don't know how's much use it would be at this point and what exactly they would be doing with me.

As for physical therapy, my parents have been taking me to the gym so I have been getting some pool walking and walking around the track in. When the weather gets colder though, I'm not sure this would be ideal to drive in snow 30 minutes a day back and forth. it could just be a matter of having someone come and force me to get off the couch for an hour everyday that would at least help my physical health not deteriorate.

Any experience or suggestions? Thnaks all!

I've had really good experiences with physical therapy. My current PT knows all about my insomnia and exhaustion and works with me around that. He isn't shy about pushing me though. I'm glad, because I always leave my appointments in a better mood than when I went in.

You might think about trying it.

I'd go for it.  We get really weak, uncoordinated, and overall deconditioned in withdrawal.  It can only help. I have done it a bit.  I had to really talk with the PT though, my muscles and neuromuscular connection did not improve on a normal trajectory so had to go slow or I hurt myself.

If nothing else it's routine and getting out of the house to take care of your body. 

Thanks for the response ICAN , thinkstopthink!

Helpful to know that other benzo buddies have used this avenue. Do you know if any of them Physically GO to patients houses? I still have extreme monophobia and agoraphobia. Sighs.

After a hospital stay years ago, I remember Physical Therapy put an industrial strength Tens Unit on my neck and that'll take your mind off a nuclear explosion.  Hmmm.....Tens Units.  Think I'll search Amazon as this could be a major breakthrough distraction.

Helpful to know that other benzo buddies have used this avenue. Do you know if any of them Physically GO to patients houses? I still have extreme monophobia and agoraphobia. Sighs.

I'm not sure about having a PT visit you at home, but I'm sure anything is possible.

If you’re in the us they do have PT through home health services. You have to qualify for home heath though, and I’m not sure how to do that. A case manager or social worker would probably be able to help you if your clinic has one.