Burning Brain amongst other symptoms

[ne...]

Hi!  Has anyone else on here had a burning brain when they were at least 26 months off all their poisons?  I've had this ever since I came off Seroquel and Remeron  (not together but 3 years Seroquel and Remeron just 25months).  It;s been pure hell 4 me almost the whole time.  I have had some small windows but now I'm totally back to none.  The symptoms I'm having r:  burning, tingling, numbness throughout body and brain, burning brain, vibrations throughout body and brain, chronic insomnia,  debilitating dp/dr, adrenaline surges, blurry vision, total exhaustion/fatigue etc.  I"ve also come off Gabapentin (on 14 years, off 4 years and Zoplicone (on 7 months off 14 years).  I also suffer from hypothyroidism and adrenal exhaustion.

Does anyone else on here have this severe burning throughout their body and brain almost 24/7 after totally being off all their psych poisons 4 a lengthy period. 

I would appreciate any support and reassurrance I can get that this will eventually get better and I'm not going to stay this way forever.  If u would feel comfortable doing either a phone or Facebook video chat with me kindly p.m. me your phone number and I will call u.  I have free long distance in Canada and United States.  No one else would ever see your number as I'm totally alone here.  Please, I am desperate to recover from this hell.  If anyone would also like to b my buddy and support me through the rest of this horrendous journey, it would also b greatly appreciated.  I need all the support I can get at this time.  Thank u.

need,

I did not have that symptom, but I also know that it sure can happen. Some people are slow healers from this stuff, and I was one of them. Took me a full three years to heal from benzos and SSRIS.

I know you feel awful. I did too. I just somehow endured it by distracting myself, and by learning a few tricks to deal with my severe anxiety and insomnia.

This stuff CAN be dealt with but it does take determination on your part. You just have to set your mind on succeeding, which means NOT reinstating on any sort of brain affecting drug. Once you start to heal even just a bit, you will start to understand that wat you read here on BB was the truth. That is what happened to me and I am not some exceptional person. Just an average woman who is now 69 and began this journey in 2012, after thirty years of nightly benzos. I am damn lucky to be ALIVE.

east

Burning brain is something that I suffer with as well. I have head pressure and its crazy but I kept thinking wiw feels like brain is burning. It is hard to distract or ignore because it seems its most of the day. Im 11 months off 30 years of klonopin and a couple physc meds. I can feel your fustration. Its been a long hard road for me. I did a 9 or 10 month taper and was hoping to he better by now. I have made good progress and am med free at this point. Staying away from alcohol and caffeine also. So your not along in this I have it also. Hang in there dont despair hang on to hope.

Burning is common in all psychiatric meds withdrawal and post withdrawal. I have this too. All I can do is accept it. Most of the time im bedridden with severe burning neuroapathic pain is legs, arms and head along vibrations, tingling and gastrointestinal problems.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello...

Food for thought.  I too have had ramping up burning brain!!  I did find out that I am having back to back migraines, which is the cause (discovered with an MRI). Note...I haven’t had migraines for 25+years..but stopping benzos can reawaken them.

I am trying to stay off meds after a bad experience with Tegretol...but it’s tough.  Trying acupuncture tomorrow.  Ughhh!!