I need some serious help, advice

[Th...]

Hello everyone, I’m in serious tolerance withdrawal on .875 K. My psychiatrist basically cut me off. My family is begging me to take medication as they see my terrible symptoms (mostly mental). My new psychiatrist thinks anxiety and depression is the same thing and wants me to try Zoloft low dose. I told him about tolerance withdrawal and he said but you’re still taking K. I have to do something to stabilize. How do I continue my taper from here? Should I go slow, fast? Does it make a difference? Please some advice!

Have you had any luck with SSRIs before?  For me, SSRIs gave me a ton of anxiety going on them for about a month, and I felt awful for about two months going off, however, I felt pretty good while I was on them for  the first 3-6 months before they would not really do much for me.  I would say go slow with your taper, but I see you already are doing that.  It's really hard to say what might help.  I often think I went TOO slow with my taper, but who knows. 

Hello everyone, I’m in serious tolerance withdrawal on .875 K. My psychiatrist basically cut me off. My family is begging me to take medication as they see my terrible symptoms (mostly mental). My new psychiatrist thinks anxiety and depression is the same thing and wants me to try Zoloft low dose. I told him about tolerance withdrawal and he said but you’re still taking K. I have to do something to stabilize. How do I continue my taper from here? Should I go slow, fast? Does it make a difference? Please some advice!

Zoloft helped me during my first BZD taper in 2002. I used to take a really low dose. Yes, SSRIs give anxiety as a side effect, especially in the beginning. But there is no worse anxiety that the one caused by the BZD tolerance. An SSRI could actually help you taper the BZD. I cannot say for sure. The fluoxetine has helped me taper the diazepam, I was on the verge of death. I can only speak from my own experience.

Thank you !! I had 2 bad reactions to cipralex, that’s what led me to benzos in the first place. My anxiety is really high now so I’m afraid it might take me over the edge. I have a ten year old boy that looks up to me and I don’t want him to see me go through years of hell.

Thank you !! I had 2 bad reactions to cipralex, that’s what led me to benzos in the first place. My anxiety is really high now so I’m afraid it might take me over the edge. I have a ten year old boy that looks up to me and I don’t want him to see me go through years of hell.

Sertraline is considered less "activating" than fluoxetine. It actually calmed me down when I was trying to switch back in 2013. In comparison with fluoxetine.

I tried to take it instead of fluoxetine in 2016. In order to get out of the BZD hell. I couldn't because of hot flashes.

Keep us updated on your progress. I always think it's good to start from a minimal dose of an AD, to somehow get through the side effects. But it's just me.

Because of what happened to me, I no longer "believe" in ADs, especially SSRIs. They never helped me a bit, but getting OFF benzos sure did. ALL my old depression just faded away, as apparently it was being caused by benzos. Probably tolerance withdrawal, but I will never know.

One of the biggest lesson this old warrior had to learn was to NOT reach for yet another damn pill when I didn't feel "right." I am a nurse, and have always believed in meds but I sure don't now. The fewer pills I take, the better. I suspect that almost ALL benzo people have to face this, or in the end they will fail.

You could not PAY me to take an SSRI again, or a benzo.

east

I was and am anti- pills all the way but I made a huge mistake when I took cipralex for nervous breakdown as I also suffer from SAD. All these years just going on with life with symptoms now this?