Interesting LMT Facts Re: Benzo Alcohol Solvent

[Al...]

I was reading through some old posts and came upon the following.

Below are some interesting facts from one of the more knowledgeable members of BB which I find fascinating.

Alcohol is the most commonly used pharma solvent in the world.  In the US, Roxanne Labs mfgr's an Rx liquid diazepam that is 19% alcohol.

...It's only about the ratio of mgs of K to mls of actual alcohol.  As a rule of thumb, 1mg of pure alcohol will dissolve 1mg K. It doesn't matter whether you start with a beverage liquid like vodka, at 40-45% alcohol,  Everclear at 97% alcohol, or even if you have laboratory-pure 100 %alcohol.  The strength of the liquid you use doesn't make any difference, its ONLY about the ratio of dry K to liquid alcohol. It doesn't matter what strength you alcoholic liquid comes in. 

And if you then dilute your 1ml pure alcohol/1mg dissolved K with 9ml water, now your alcohol content is only 10%.

(Again:

And if you then dilute your 1ml pure alcohol/1mg dissolved K with 9ml water, now your alcohol content is only 10%.)

Just FYI, the Rx grade liquid V with 19% alcohol means that the final diluted liquid med is 19% alcohol.  The rest is other liquids, mostly water.  Knowing what I do about pharma mfgr , I will guarantee you that when they dissolve the benzo  in alcohol, the are using 100% pure laboratory grade alcohol.

FWIW, hundreds of BBs have successfully done DLMTs using 2ml of 80 proof vodka to dissolve 1mg of benzo, and then diluting with 8ml water.  It works!

I don't think near as many have used PG, though PG seems to work just as well.

So many people  ::) seem to obsess over the amount of alcohol that is used in the mixture.  What most of them disregard is that the benzo/solvent solution is then diluted heavily with water.  They seem to think that they are ingesting ALL of the alcohol in the prep at once. :brickwall:

The benzo and the solvent are then diluted 9 to 1, OR MORE, with water thereby reducing the alcohol content of the final mixture!

And, I know that some people cannot ingest alcohol for one reason or another.

Whatever works for you! ;)

Food for thought. 

Al