Sick - Please Help

[No...]

Hello,

I have been taking 1mg to 1.5 mg of Xanax for over a year.  Yesterday I just took .5mg in the am and .5mg in the pm.  I had really bad

anxiety in the afternoon but did not take any medication as trying to get off this stuff.

I woke up in the AM feeling sick with Nausea, Tinnitus, Shaking and Anxiety. I took .75 Mg.  3-4 hours later I am feeling a little better, however

still have the Nausea and Tinnitus.  I am trying to figure out what the hell is going on. Is this medication making me sick?  I also took 1.25 mg of

Paxil CR this morning the same time I took the Xanax.

Any help appreciated.

I was on xanax for 20 years and since it has such a short half life you are probably experiencing inter dose withdrawals. Same thing happened to me. Woke up early, really early, shaking, sweating, high anxiety, nausea and tinnitus. Yes, the benzo is most likely what's causing the symptoms. If your intention is to get off the benzos you should read the Ashton manual. https://benzo.org.uk/manual/

And then find a knowledgeable doctor that is familiar with the Ashton method and start an appropriate tapering method suited to your needs. It never got any better for me once I hit tolerance, just kept suffering until I realized what was causing it. Good luck.