Etizolam addiction taper help

[El...]

I’ve made a mistake. Since May I’ve been taking liquid etizolam daily. Anywhere from 1-12mg in a given day. On average about 4-6 mg every evening after work. I have developed a dependency on it and feel like I can’t go out or be social or even be myself without it. I used to be a very funny and witty guy and I feel like I’ve lost that now and all I look forward to it my next dose. I have plenty left to try and taper, but am not sure how. I want to get off this stuff and go back to being a normal 27 year old. I have around 400 mg left. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Hello Elkmoose2010 :hug: Welcome to Benzobuddies!

We are very glad you joined our community. It's unfortunate that many people can become dependent very quickly on these drugs initially take the stress and anxiety away, but they turn on us and make things much worse in the long run.  While Etizolam isn't strictly a benzodiazepine, it acts like one and can be tapered like a benzo. Hopefully some of our members who are familiar with this drug will respond.  Your personality is still there somewhere , when my laughter returned, i knew i was going to recover from this ordeal !

You have made a great decision to taper off these drugs!  We can help you with support, encouragement and taper/withdrawal information.  In general it’s advised to cut your daily dose by somewhere between 5% and 10% every 10 - 14 days.  It’s okay to go slower than this, whatever feels comfortable, the aim is to try to keep symptoms manageable.

I would suggest that you familiarise yourself with the Ashton Manual, It is a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s have on our body.  It provides tapering and withdrawal information and includes a list of common symptoms 

You will find some very valuable support and information on the forum.  Our members are happy to share their personal experiences with you and support you.. Please feel free to browse the boards and post questions to any of the dedicated threads.

I'll leave you a few links:

The Ashton Manual

Withdrawal Support

General Taper Plans

Please take time to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita