Can an unsuccessful withdrawal rise the effective dose at reinstatement?

[Co...]

Hello!

I tried to quit after 3 months of medazepam (similar to Valium), but the symptoms (don't know if WD or my original symptoms or both) were so horrible I reinstated after 3 weeks. I used to take 5 mg which worked great for me but since the reinstatement I have mild but constant anxiety and occasional dissociations.

Will these symptoms go away if I give them time or will I need a higher dose? Any experiences? Can an unsuccessful withdrawal rise the effective dose? I'd ask my psychiatrist but if it was up to her I'd be on 30 mgs... I really can't deal with dissociation right now, I'm just starting med school. :(

I’m in a similar situation right now. Went to psychiatrist today and he said he would have to raise my dose much higher than before. I’m not an expert but that’s what he told me.

• 1 month later...
Okay so here's what happened: I was taking the benzo in the evening. My anxiety is always worse in the morning so I tried taking the pill in the morning but it made me sleepy. My psychiatrist suggested taking it at dawn so I can still sleep a little afterwards, so I did so. I also stopped hormonal birth control. IDK which of the changes worked but now I'm 99% anxiety free! :) It's so strange but I'm glad!