Want to Get Off Xanax Once and For All

[...]

It seems like I've been here 100 years ranting and raving about doing a Xanax taper.

Actually I joined in Sept. of 2016, almost 3 years!.............If you've read any of my previous posts, I've mentioned that I was a caregiver for my mom with dementia and that is the reason why I got on this crap in the first place for the anxiety and lack of sleep.

Well, Mom has been in a nursing home for a little over a month now and is doing very well and my caregiving duties are now behind me and now it's time to deal with the monkey on my back and focus on me.

I want to get off of this fast and yet be realistic and I'm still wrestling with a DLMT or dry cut.

My prescriber seems to think I can handle 25% cuts every 2 weeks and be off........I take 1 1/2mg at bedtime.

Believe me when I say that I've read all the pro's and cons of dry and liquid(being the gentler) way and yet I don't want to take a year getting off this either.

Try not to laugh too hard, but I even conferred with a Russian psychic healer who claims that I can be off this in 1 month :idiot:

Anyway, all opinions welcome and everyone have a wonderful day :)

I dry cut Xanax all the way from 2mg to zero. Didn’t want to fool with a crossover. I dosed four times a day which eliminated any interdose amped up symptoms.

If you’ve been on at least three years I wouldn’t encourage 25% cuts. I did well with 10% cuts and found that I could cut every 4-5 days most of the time.  I held longer at times if the symptoms flared up at all.

• 2 weeks later...
Just remember what you want and what your body will tolerate can be two vastly different ideas!  One of the hardest parts of weaning is learning to listen to your body, recognize patterns as to when you might want to hold at a dose (major stress, illness, allergy flare etc) and when it's reasonable to continue weaning. It adds stress when ones well constructed time table for getting off a med has to be changed.  I encourage you to visit the Benzo Free podcast for ongoing support. Good luck to you: be patient, wean slowly and know better times await.

Hello. I can say splitting up the doses and deciding a specific time daily and cleaning out all other stimulants. Plan ahead. Then decide the schedule. I mostly wrote this so you could see my taper.

Good luck.

Kristin

Wow..............you did 25% cuts all the way down to the jump?.........Were there many waves(that's what I call them) of sxs and just uncomfortablilty?

That's how I want to go: 1.5mgs and go to 1.25 to 1mg and so forth..........I totally understand that there will be moments of doubt and restlessness etc and just realize that it will pass and hold if necessary.

Congratulations :smitten:

Feel free to join us on this thread:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=219884.0

We're all tapering Xanax.  :thumbsup:

Fondly,

Lori