Ativan & Halcion

[...]

I joined this site for help with gaining my life back. I feel as if I have been on autopilot for the last few years and in a constant fog.

I am prescribed Ativan .5MG 2x a day & Halcion (Triazolam) .25MG at night for sleep.

I have been taking Benzos for 5 years, starting with Klonipin, to Xanax, and finally Ativan & Halcion.

I have typically been taking Ativan & Halcion together 3-4x a week. Sometimes I will go a few days without taking it, but I  usually end up taking it within a week.

Since I am at a somewhat low dose and not using it every day, I have just stopped taking it about 4 days ago.

With my use being inconsistent and a low dose I am unsure if I will have any withdrawals or not?

I notice my anxiety is higher and I still feel in a fog. My doctor said at such a low dose I won’t have any withdrawals or cognitive impairments, but I think I’m feeling withdrawals.

I’d like any opinions on my current situation and input if anyone else has been on a dose regimen similar to mine, and if they had any withdrawals or not.

Hi ASD :hug: Welcome to benzobuddies

We are glad you joined the community.  You will get plenty of support here. I was also on autopilot for many years without even realising.  You say you have taking benzos for a number of years.  Irregular use can lead to a dependency.  It is usually recommended for those who have been taking an irregular dose, to stabilise at a set daily dose, before starting a taper.  Tapering off slowly is the safest, and best way coming off benzo's.  Please browse the forum, do some research, post questions to any of the dedicated boards

For tapering advice its generally recommended that you cut your daily dose by between 5% and 10% every 10 - 14 days according to how you are feeling.  If things feel too tough then we suggest that you cut less.  The aim is to try and keep any symptoms manageable.

The  Ashton Manual , It is a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s have on our body.  It provides Tapering and withdrawal information and includes a list of common symptoms 

Here are some helpful links:

The Ashton Manual

General Taper Plans   

Withdrawal Support (during your taper)

Ativan Tapering Support Thread

You might like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita