Year 3, a big dissapointment so far

[Ho...]

Well, I use to be a positive person. But it has been pretty bad for months in a row now and it’s hard to cope. Living on my own makes it even harder. Nobody knows the torture I endure at work which makes it difficult to carry on. I give myselve over to this awfull way of living.

Will it ever ends? I am not so sure about it anymore. Sich, where is the rainbow in the sky?

Heading into month 30 :(

[f3...]
I feel for you, going into month 20 and feel pretty similar due to a setback from a stressful situation, people say to avoid stress but that's totally unrealistic imo, life is inherently stressful, just don't believe in 100% healing anymore. On and on it goes.

Year 3 is such a nightmare. But I keep the faith!

I don’t believe setbacks occur because of stress or food.

They are unfortunately part of the process.

Well, I use to be a positive person. But it has been pretty bad for months in a row now and it’s hard to cope. Living on my own makes it even harder. Nobody knows the torture I endure at work which makes it difficult to carry on. I give myselve over to this awfull way of living.

Will it ever ends? I am not so sure about it anymore. Sich, where is the rainbow in the sky?

I am currently nearing month 37 and it wasn’t until month 34 that I started to feel better. I’m feeling much better now but still have a little ways to go. I can definitely see the end of all this nearing the end now but you couldn’t of convinced me of this even a few months ago. Hang in there.

I am currently nearing month 37 and it wasn’t until month 34 that I started to feel better. I’m feeling much better now but still have a little ways to go. I can definitely see the end of all this nearing the end now but you couldn’t of convinced me of this even a few months ago. Hang in there.

Yes!  gr8 to hear this Badben, and feeling very similar.  For me it was around 35 months or so that I truly felt a shift.

Just take it day by day, and sure enough life starts get easier.

Hang in there buddies.

WR

No one knows why some people take so darn long to heal from benzos. Took me three years plus a couple more months. But I managed to heal and that surprised me and just about everyone on BB back then.

HH, I too live alone, except for my cat(s). Dealing with wd alone makes it a bit tougher, IMO.

Something that really did help me was actively practicing "fake it til you make it." I  felt so awful back then and have never found the right words to describe the utter hell I lived in for three years. Faking it all of the time took a lot of effort, but in the end it did pay off. I recently read all my very first posts here on BB. I was totally amazed at how sane and even "wise" I sounded. Because I was neither one of those things back then.. I was so crazy and so sick it was hard to even keep going. I lived  minute to minute back then. Praying I could just hold on another minute of sheer hell.

I had always been a pessimistic person, negative, angry, felt somehow cheated due to a childhood trauma. I went into CBT therapy for several years but because I was on benzos, none of my therapists great ideas sunk in. But in withdrawal, her words came back to me. She had told me about faking it. SO, I started trying to do this. Painfully, I might add. I first wrote it on paper but I could barely write due to shaky hands. So I began to write it down here on BB, in all of my posts, etc. I got extremely good at this. But the really great thing is that over time,l doing this DID change how I see things! I am now a so much happier, calm, optimistic person! This easy to do thing did work on me.

east

Any body feel worse then acute starting month 28 and just feel like they kept getting worse and worse?

My case for sure, but before that it wasn’t better. So actually good days means, doable but never symptom free. Tonight it’s from another level again. Sick and tired of it.

Sorry guys, I am so negative and full of anger due to this never changing condition.

[0b...]

Are you still able to work? I am afraid I have to search for a m´new job soon and it is gonna be hard with my severe dissociation dr/dp.

I am a reg. nurse but I cant go back to that job I need to be able to have full attention and thats impossible with this cog fog...