what exactly happens in a seizure? why is it bad?

[no...]

what exactly happens in a seizure? why is it bad?

i mean besides the danger of biting one's tongue, or the fear part...what happens to the body or brain, like how is it damaging?

i know some people have them over a lifetime like epiliepsy, etc...but does it shorten lifespan or causee irrepairable damage somehow?

thx for explaining in terms i can understand :thumbsup:

could someone please describe one? I don't know if I had one or if it was sinus tach with over 150bpm

thanks in advance,

Lisa

I have often wondered this as well.  I'm sure they must be bad or they wouldn't be something people are strongly warned about and given medicine to prevent.  Just having one at random, can obviously be dangerous if you fall or are holding a sharp object or driving, etc...

I know that one can choke on their tongue, not just bite, or fall and fracture or break something... concussion. These are all obvious, probably, but I'm curious as to what happens also.

nomoredrugsforme I like your name and picture. yr funny.

I'm not sure what happens to the brain or if doctors even know much. I know it's kinda a crap shoot how to treat them. It seems like a terrifying thing to happen. I've recently read stories of people having memory loss after a seizure such as the actor Frankie Muniz from the show Malcom in the Middle. Apparently he asked what the show was on his twitter when someone was talking about it because he doesn't remember it at all.

nomoredrugsforme I like your name and picture. yr funny.

I'm not sure what happens to the brain or if doctors even know much. I know it's kinda a crap shoot how to treat them. It seems like a terrifying thing to happen. I've recently read stories of people having memory loss after a seizure such as the actor Frankie Muniz from the show Malcom in the Middle. Apparently he asked what the show was on his twitter when someone was talking about it because he doesn't remember it at all.

hi sunlit

love Myrtle from Coven. such style and such dignity, even when popular girls burned her at the stake TWICE! lol

i googled and this came up:

https://people.com/tv/frankie-muniz-memory-loss-malcolm-in-middle/

http://www.nwflcrg.com/2017/07/19/what-happens-during-a-seizure/

https://www.epilepsy.com/start-here/about-epilepsy-basics/what-happens-during-seizure

I had a mini type seizure at work after I didn't take my Xanax the night before.  I woke up that morning not feeling well and mentally feeling out of it.  I went to work anyway and all morning I couldn't concentrate and felt like I was going to pass out.  Around 10am I started shaking with light tremors and couldn't finish my work.  I told the one boss that I thought I was going to have a seizure.  I just stood still and then sat down and couldn't function or talk or do much at all.  Then he led me to the lady's locker room where I did lie down and kept my eyes clothes and rested for awhile.  I just kept shaking inside and felt very weak and could hardly walk.  No way could I finish my day at work and I had to leave.  Bosses were afraid I couldn't drive home, but I was able to drive home.  I called my one friend to take me to the docs.  I went to the docs and he checked me for a stroke or whatever and didn't find that.  Then I went home not feeling any better and I sat in my backroom and then suddenly my brain felt like it was melting inside my head.  Kind of like syrup running down the inside my skull and on my brain.  I went to sleep then for a few hours after taking some Xanax.  I haven't been the same since.  Something happened that day and it damaged my brain.  I knew I wouldn't ever be able to work again and haven't.  It was some type of seizure.