5 mg klonopin

[Sk...]

Hi there, I have been on klonopin for 15 years, I was started on it at just 15 years old. I am up to 5mg/day still have anxiety and panic attacks but I want to get off of it or at least lower my dose as I do not feel it's ever really helped. Any advice/ help would be greatly appreciated!!

Hi Sky8490 :hug: and Welcome to Benzobuddies

We are very glad you joined our community. You are making a great decision in tapering off these drugs!    We can help you with support, encouragement and taper/withdrawal information.  In general it’s advised to cut your daily dose by somewhere between 5% and 10% every 10 - 14 days.  It’s okay to go slower than this, whatever feels comfortable, the aim is to try to keep symptoms manageable.

Check out the Ashton Manual, It’s great for understanding the effect benzodiazepines have on our body.  It also provides tapering and withdrawal information.  You will find some valuable support and info on the forum.  Please feel free to browse the boards and post questions to any of the dedicated threads.

You might wish to post to the this support group, 

Klonopin Klub  members will be happy to share their experience and offer advice. 

I'll leave you a few links:

The Ashton Manual

Withdrawal Support

General Taper Plans

If you would like to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita