Accidental valium cold turkey

[Va...]

Hi bbuddies. Need some advice here. Did accidental cold turkey from 10 - 15mg valium per night i wad using to sleep. Lasted about 10 days then thought I was gonna have a seizure. Went to see 2 doctors but they were no help. They both had no idea about tapering. Were  totally clueless about cold turkey symptoms. Anyway I got my valium and took about 10mg and few drinks to calm myself. Really need some advice on how to get back to normal dosage. Will most definitely look at tapering after I'm stabilized. Any ideas if I've permanently damaged myself or not?

You are right; doctors are clueless and that's why I informed mine after I got going on it that I was tapering.  He told me last year I shouldn't be concerned to get off them.  Whatev!

Before my DLMT, I was doing it on my own (see signature) and it was crazy.  I dropped from 30 mg to 25 mg of oxazepam (because my drug only comes in 10 mg and 15 mg) and oh, how I suffered.  I stayed there for several days and then updosed back to 30 mg for nine days and then began the liquid titration.  That's way too much on our central nervous systems.

I surely don't think you've permanently damaged yourself. The day I dropped those 5 mg, I had the most awful and painful muscle spasm in my back that I could hardly move or breathe. It still hurts, but not like it did. I almost called 911 thinking it was a heart attack or pulmonary embolism, but I figured they'd just give me a benzo and I didn't want that.  So, you'll be fine and ready to start your tapering after you stabilize.  It does get better!

You can do it!

I would give the Valium a couple of weeks to stabilize before making any other changes...except I'd avoid alcohol.  No judgment here, just that alcohol works on the same receptors in the brain that benzodiazepines do and that's likely why the drinks helped...alcohol is like liquid benzodiazepine.

Thanks for the reply bb ok so it's been 24hrs since I got my valium back. Had about 25mg so far. Not really sure how to dose myself.  I've always drunk booze every night and then had 5-15mg valium to sleep. So all I'm trying to do now after 10 days no valium is updose so I can feel normal again. Will try drinking 10 beers ( my usual dose ) and then 10 mg after to sleep. Hopefully a few days of this gets me back to my pre accidental Cold turkey.