Need Advice! Recommendations on how to start?

[So...]

I have been on approximately .25 of Klonopin for about 1 year. One tricky element of my dosing was that I have never cut my pills, but just took them based on my symptoms of the night (I get muscle spasms at sleep onset-probably thanks to starting an SSRI or stopping 2 other meds at about the same time; one of them being Klonopin which i took intermittently for sleep). I would typically take about 1/2 of a .50 mg pill.

I started to cut back to about a 1/4 of a .50 pill 6 days ago and am starting to get more intense and much more frequent muscle spasms. I think this is a no, no..still reading the Ashton Manual to understand the taper process.

I will probably use the dry taper method and stick to Klonopin. I am leaning toward returning to my more original dose of 1/2 of a pill until I can establish which taper method to go with...at this point, I think a liquid taper using water at home may be the path forward...but if anyone wants to advise regarding the dry micro taper or tapering strips I would much appreciate it! Or share a video link.

I just need advise as to if I should return to my 1/2 tablet (.25 mg) before starting an official taper and then how to measure my reduction at this small mg amount...I am lost on this.

Go to www.alwaysbenzo.data.net

This is a program set up by Jim Hawk of BB. It is brilliant. Hit the ‘Read Me’ button and learn how to do a daily microtaper by cutting/ shaving the Kolonopin pill. He also tells you what you need to buy - for example, a scale. I chose the Attenuated Phase at the end. I get waves but I am functioning so I can’t complain ( too much). PM if you have any questions.

Hello.  I've been using the ethanol method so thought I would share my experience.  Clonazepam/Klonopin is a very potent drug to try to dry cut, but I suppose it's possible.  My current dose is .25 mg, I'm down from 2 mg.  I drop three .5 mg tablets in a pint jar, add 3 mL 100 proof Vodka, it only takes a couple of minutes to dissolve, then I add 450 mL water to the jar, put the lid on and shake.  I transfer the solution to a 500 mL vitamin water bottle that I saved and cleaned.  I like it because it is sturdy and has a tight fitting lid.  I know I could cut my .5 mg tablet in half but since I do a micro taper, I would be back to liquid in just a couple of days.  I have a 100 mL graduated cylinder and a small syringe to measure the solution I drink.  Here's the math:  1.5 mg tablets divided by 450 mL (that includes the Vodka) = 0.00333 mg/mL.  Divide the desired dose of 0.25 mg by the 0.00333 mg/mL and I should drink 75 mL of solution.  I usually reduced about 4 or 5 mL per month, it's a slow taper.  If you search youtube for Willsgma, that's my channel and you can see how I mix.  There is also a link there to the math tutorial.  I hope I'm not breaking any rules putting this here.  Best wishes.

Hi I sort of started out like you

I was on a .5 mg pill once a day and so I started cutting it in quarters.

I didn’t realize how big of a cut that actually was!  When I came to this forum,  I was already at a quarter of a .5 mg pill.

My problem was that I could not cut that any smaller and so I began my titrating.

I would not recommend weaning a quarter of a pill at a time, as I did!

However,  since you’re already have done that ....  I suppose factoring in how long it’s been for you already and how you’re feeling is what is go by in moving forward.

How long Have you been at the Dose you’re at now?

I reduce by 1 mL about every 4th or 5th day, so I don't stay at a set dose for long.  I received a message from one of the Admins here telling me there was an error in my math, I've looked it over and disagree...but waiting to see as no specifics were given.  I'm also told my method is unwieldly...but this was how I was taught and it has worked well for me.  Best wishes in your taper.

I have been on approximately .25 of Klonopin for about 1 year. One tricky element of my dosing was that I have never cut my pills, but just took them based on my symptoms of the night (I get muscle spasms at sleep onset-probably thanks to starting an SSRI or stopping 2 other meds at about the same time; one of them being Klonopin which i took intermittently for sleep). I would typically take about 1/2 of a .50 mg pill.

I started to cut back to about a 1/4 of a .50 pill 6 days ago and am starting to get more intense and much more frequent muscle spasms. I think this is a no, no..still reading the Ashton Manual to understand the taper process.

I will probably use the dry taper method and stick to Klonopin. I am leaning toward returning to my more original dose of 1/2 of a pill until I can establish which taper method to go with...at this point, I think a liquid taper using water at home may be the path forward...but if anyone wants to advise regarding the dry micro taper or tapering strips I would much appreciate it! Or share a video link.

I just need advise as to if I should return to my 1/2 tablet (.25 mg) before starting an official taper and then how to measure my reduction at this small mg amount...I am lost on this.

When I was done to 0.25mg Klonopin, I did this:  https://benzodrytapermath.com/