Hello this is my story

[Sh...]

Hello, I took .5 mg of Ativan for 11 days straight (usually 1 dose a day, sometimes 2). I took it to cope with a stressful trip I had to take.

I got home and stopped taking the Ativan c/t. Two days later, I had terrible withdrawal symptoms for 2 days (hot/cold, nausea, no appetite, shaking, feeling like I wanted out of my skin). This went away after 2 days, so I thought it was totally over. 

Now, 1 month later, I’ve experienced a little wave. Like a mini version of the initial withdrawal. So disappointing. I realize these symptoms can come and go, and Id like to see how other short-termers are faring. 

I also take a low dose of Zoloft (SSRI) for anxiety (25mg).

Hi ShortTermHope.  Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

I’m sorry this is happening, and it will probably resolve before long.  Though the risk of developing a benzodiazepine dependency is low for up to several weeks, daily use for close to that time could have some some minor symptoms for sensitive people.

Be mindful that there are very few folks here who have short term use and you shouldn’t expect to go through what they’re going through.

Here’s a place to begin posting questions you might have: Post-withdrawal Recovery Support 

Take care,

Challis  :)

After only 11 days of ativan, this sounds to me more like anxiety than benzo withdrawal. How long have you been on the SSRI for anxiety? Welcome to BB btw.