Akathisia caused by blood pressure meds

[Da...]

Early in 2016, I took a calcium channel blocker and developed a terrible case of akathisia, three years ago and in the last few weeks it's gone!  I still can't believe it.  In Nov 2018 I had a light bulb moment, on days I had akathisia was it the Lisinopril I had been taking for years?  I stopped.  Some days were bad, some really bad, and some were not so bad...until last month.  I have been given the prize, healing.  I didn't know it could feel so good.  :D :D

Dancer 70,  was it the Lisinopril that gave you the akathisia?  I'm confused because

I think Lisinopril is an Ace Inhibitor.  I'm freaked out because I just had to start taking

a med for my BP.  What did you do for your blood pressure after you stopped Lisinopril?

Is there any BP med that's safe to take in WD?  I have horrific akathisia, and haven't taken

any meds at all for the last 40 months, until last week when my BP spiked up very high.

I tried not taking it today, but bp went up very high.  I feel doomed to a life of akathisia.

I'm so sorry, Dancer70,  I didn't even say congratulations to you on

your akathisia leaving.  That's wonderful, and I'm so happy for you!

[09...]

Early in 2016, I took a calcium channel blocker and developed a terrible case of akathisia, three years ago and in the last few weeks it's gone!  I still can't believe it.  In Nov 2018 I had a light bulb moment, on days I had akathisia was it the Lisinopril I had been taking for years?  I stopped.  Some days were bad, some really bad, and some were not so bad...until last month.  I have been given the prize, healing.  I didn't know it could feel so good.  :D :D

I know how you feel, Losartan caused it .... then after that a channel calcium blocker caused akathisia and I was in that for about 8 months and slowly got better. I tried a beta blocker and had an adverse reaction, it did the opposite and raised my BP sky high.

I have had full blown akathisia 4 times now.

Not on anything currently and don't know if that is bad or good because there is no help doctor-wise thus so far.

Kay