Going from 2 mgs of diazepam to 1 mg

[Pa...]

builder ... Even if a dose is low, isn't a 50% cut kind of brutal?  Just want to learn.  Thanks.

It depends on several things, that's why I asked for more history. 

By conventional standards, 2mg really isn't even a therapeutic dose, and for may folks, somewhere around 2 mg  and down, it really  doesn't have any real physiological effect. 

I'm not suggesting that it might not be difficult, but probably not "brutal".  (Your last cut is always 100% anyway  ;) )

Everyone is different! But in my experience, tapering from 2mg to 1mg was BRUTAL for me. I had nasty WD for 2-3 months. It was one of my most difficult tapers :( I hope it is easier for you. Some people are fine, but I wasn't. Then again, I have been having a rough year and would prefer to be in total control of my taper...if only that were an option...sigh. Good luck though!

Well I'm at day 2 of taper, so far so good.  Tonight will be day 3. I don't think it will be that hard for me.  I have developed this anxiety about bathing since coming off diazepam and just took a bath with little anxiety.  I think reading on here has made me more anxious.  I kinda wish my psych nurse never told me about this site.  Or it should be posted that most people coming off slowly don't have the horrific withdrawals that some ppl do.  I can't wait to be off them completely tho that's for sure. 

I hope this is kept up...

Also I've been through a lot of trauma in my life so maybe bc I've survived so much this just isn't that hard.  Going from 4 mgs to 2 mgs was tough, but definitely not the hardest thing I've ever been through.  Idk, I'm just thankful this cut hasn't been that hard so far.