Please tell me it will get better.

[pa...]

I am so tired of feeling like this  :tickedoff:  dizziness, brain zaps etc.

I know my brain is injured from the Klonopin..and I am in recovery.. but today I feel like it will never end.  Will I ever be ‘normal’ again..?  I am 68 years old.  My golden years have disappeared..

I know I am in a deep funk today., looking for some kind words. 

:'( :'( :'(

Hi, paw. I am 68 as well. Seven weeks off Klonopin after a very hard taper and I am feeling like you. I know how awful it is. The hardest thing for me is living with the uncertainty of how long this is going to last. How you are at 6 months out does not predict anything. You could be healed at 9 months or not. No one knows. And that is not much comfort, is it? Just know you are not alone or atypical. Esperanza

I know my brain is injured from the Klonopin..and I am in recovery.. but today I feel like it will never end.  Will I ever be ‘normal’ again..?  I am 68 years old.  My golden years have disappeared..

Hi there Paw51

I posted something similar I’m struggling to with everything and just wanting a break! It’s a long hard process but everyone recovers , it’s different time scales for everyone but they all do recover, I’m 54 and feel 104! I look a wreak and feel a wreak, symptoms are bringing me down hard lately but we must keep some form of rational, this will pass.

People that have not been through this won’t understand how could they, you can’t even really explain it so I tend not to even try, nobody asks anymore anyway, I’ve lost friends since this and don’t really see family I think people are bored with it, but hey the troops on bb understand and are here to support each other through this nightmare.

Just get through each day best you can symptoms will come and go and probably come again but in time they will be history!

PO

Hey, paw, you haven't been off your benzo terribly long. Based on my experiences, there are only good times ahead for you. I didn't feel that much better at 6 months. I still had some of the distressing physical s/x I had on my taper. But they began to ebb away. I felt better at 1 year off. Significantly better. And better still at 2 and 3 years.

At 1 year off, I was able to resume my writing career, which I thought I'd lost forever.

I still have some dizziness, but it's nothing serious. The other s/x just slowly disappeared.

So, hang in there. Things will get better for you. 

:smitten:

Katz

Thank you so much for the encouraging words.  It is great, to put my feelings down and others know exactly what I am going through

Thank you

:smitten: :smitten:

Also 68 here... ditto on Katz’s post.  Six months is early, 18 months was a breakthrough in healing for me. It’s worth the wait to get one’s life back. Until it starts getting better, my best advice to you is to find something that distracts from the symptoms.  I am 100% these days after three decades of use and a life-alteringly miserable withdrawal and longish recovery.

By the way, paw, I'm 71. I'm looking forward to many more productive years!

And I echo what Challis said. Distraction from annoying, debilitating s/x is very helpful.

Katz

I understand EXACTLY what you're going through! (and I'm so sorry you're hurting).    :-[    I am 6 weeks out today, but was a very light user for only 7 months...but the head symptoms for me are just unbearable today.    I was taking Tylenol for them, but my Dr said to not if I can (can cause rebound), so today is unusually intense.  Let's just get through the day, stay distracted and pray, pray, pray!   

I didn't know to expect this length of recovery when I stopped this med in early July...so this journey thus far is just, well.. frankly, pissing me off.    I think the hardest thing is that I've pretty good windows week 3 and week 5, but both times they were following by feeling horrible again with new symptoms (or Hey, Joy of Joys...returning ones). The fact that we heal in the roller coaster way is just FRUSTRATING!!   

I'm so glad we have this forum to support each other!  I am here if you need to talk...or cry or vent.  God Bless all of you for words of encouragement and support!!

Diana

I'm off the same amount as time as you and I feel the same. I feel absolutely defeated in life. I feel like a shell of who I used to be with the brain fog and anxiety. I was once a creative person with a joy for life and I feel none of that. I feel like a failure with no kids and no career. I keep feeling like I reached the end at age 40. I guess this is what benzo w/d does at any age. It's so hard to pull out of this feeling when it messes with all of your thoughts and emotions.

I hope it gets better for you soon. I'm curious to follow your progress since we've been off a similar time frame.

I have faith this is just a phase. Thats all I can do each day.

I know exactly how you feel I'm 6 and half months off zopiclonegot lot worse last couple of weeks. My symptoms only mental but feel like I'm going crazy. Will leave it couple months then maybe consider anti depressants for short time try and end the mental anguish. You are not alone

Got a good help line here, apparently you can get a really bad wave at 6 months with new symptoms. Guy I spoke to said his improved at 9 months. I'll consider what to do then, some days really don't want to go on, so understand how you feel

You are not alone. I am with you with all the  mental symptoms and I'm so glad you reached out. I'm struggling through every minute today and for the past 5. It's torture. I'm so grateful for the words of encouragement from others.

This ‘thing’ that we all are going through is horrific.

I have aged more this year, than ever before.

My hair has turned silver. 

We can do this

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbs up

I’m there too. Off since 4/25/19. Klonopin .5mg 15 years. Things were getting better then 4 days ago woke up (not much sleep) feeling like my entire body is in a vice- everything so tight - nothing stops it- no amount of relaxation meditations even touches it.  Also my body aches and my legs feel weak. I worry that it’s something else but that’s the anxiety that’s been put on steroids. At least we all have company- I’m 70 - Life’s going by fast and I want to enjoy it. Suppose we just need to find a way to live as fully as possible- it’s really, really hard especially since we don’t know when this will end- I don’t even want to think “if” it will end. Just have to have faith 🙏🏻