ITS EASIER THAN YOU THINK

[Be...]

I remember when I first came to this forum and was scared to death reading all the horror stories back to back. It was almost impossible finding a successful story. I just want to say that I’ve been off Xanax for over a month now and I did a rapid taper. It was honestly not that bad. Don’t get me wrong it was very uncomfortable but in the end it was all worth it. Knowing your free and can finally work on yourself. My honest advice. Don’t come to this forum. It makes you think about your withdraw and shit situation constantly and on top of that your reading horror stories on top of your own horror story and it’s just a bad thing. There is very good information here but in all honesty I would keep away until your in a better place. Drink lots of fluid, force yourself to eat, lay back relax watch your favorite shows all over again binge watching and before you know it the nightmare is over. Don’t stretch it out. I’ve seen people take years tapering and fail in the end because all your doing is getting your body used to being on Benzos fo years. If your getting off try to do it as fast as you can. Not extremely fast to where it’s dangerous but the quicker the better. Keep your mind on things that aren’t related to benzos. The more you think about it the more you think everything is a symptom and then it builds up anxiety and anxiety will create more symptoms that are caused by the anxiety and it goes disnhill from there. So good luck guys. Just want to let you know ITS NOT THAT HARD AND MOST OF US CONE OUT ON TOP.

Hello Bestrong888,

Congratulations on being benzo free and doing so well.  Frankly, for some people withdrawal is not difficult and recovery comes quickly.

However, for others this is not the case. Withdrawal can be HARD and one of most challenging things that a person might experience in their lifetime. Let's not minimize the suffering of those who don't have an easy time. Sometimes, no matter what you do, what your attitude is, what you eat, whether your exercise or not, withdrawal is hard and lengthy.

I agree wholeheartedly with your suggestion to stay distracted. That was key for me during my taper and 16 month recovery. 

I'm very happy for you, I hope you find yourself in a healthy place from now on, best wishes.

pianogirl

• 2 weeks later...

I'm very glad it wasn't so bad for you. That's awesome. Unfortunately, we're not all the same. This year has literally been the worst year of my life. I almost didn't make it this far. This forum gave me a place to ask if what I was experiencing was normal... I think I would have been worse off if I didn't have people going through what I was to talk to. Nobody in my life understands, so this forum means a lot to me.

I'm so happy it wasn't bad for you, but please don't discredit those of us that are going through hell.

I'm very glad it wasn't so bad for you. That's awesome. Unfortunately, we're not all the same. This year has literally been the worst year of my life. I almost didn't make it this far. This forum gave me a place to ask if what I was experiencing was normal... I think I would have been worse off if I didn't have people going through what I was to talk to. Nobody in my life understands, so this forum means a lot to me.

I'm so happy it wasn't bad for you, but please don't discredit those of us that are going through hell.

This exactly.

I remember when I first came to this forum and was scared to death reading all the horror stories back to back. It was almost impossible finding a successful story. I just want to say that I’ve been off Xanax for over a month now and I did a rapid taper. It was honestly not that bad. Don’t get me wrong it was very uncomfortable but in the end it was all worth it. Knowing your free and can finally work on yourself. My honest advice. Don’t come to this forum. It makes you think about your withdraw and shit situation constantly and on top of that your reading horror stories on top of your own horror story and it’s just a bad thing. There is very good information here but in all honesty I would keep away until your in a better place. Drink lots of fluid, force yourself to eat, lay back relax watch your favorite shows all over again binge watching and before you know it the nightmare is over. Don’t stretch it out. I’ve seen people take years tapering and fail in the end because all your doing is getting your body used to being on Benzos fo years. If your getting off try to do it as fast as you can. Not extremely fast to where it’s dangerous but the quicker the better. Keep your mind on things that aren’t related to benzos. The more you think about it the more you think everything is a symptom and then it builds up anxiety and anxiety will create more symptoms that are caused by the anxiety and it goes disnhill from there. So good luck guys. Just want to let you know ITS NOT THAT HARD AND MOST OF US CONE OUT ON TOP.

Can you give me some detail on the dosages and how long exactly you did it for..

For me I did cold turkey 7 days ago but can't seem to fall asleep at all

You don’t give us all the details of how long you were on benzos or what you were taking and what dosages. Congrats on your success. Do what works for you and I agree distraction is key, but please rather don’t minimize others efforts and struggles.

The original post certainly points out how bwd can be so vastly different in different people. I feel the OP was being honest, but he/she has not SEEN the other side of the coin where some people have truly horrible wds. I can say without a shred of doubt that without the support and information I only got here on BB, I would not have made it through my CT wd. Bb was my lifeline, and everything I learned here has stayed with me.

east

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you SO much for this encouragement. There is so much push back to your positivity and after watching here for a long time I can see why most of the posts ruminate about the negatives.  We all are well aware of the awfulness, and the Original poster does not deny it’s bad.  Pep talks like this are critical if we are willing to listen to them.  So, thanks again, it really helped me

I quit benzos like five or six times and was fine. It was the most recent c/t that sent me into this hell. Honestly, when I quit benzos before, I never noticed feeling different hardly at all. So yes, some people get lucky. I didn't get lucky this time around.

boom,

you just have to be determined that this is your LAST time getting off benzos. It will never get easier, and it might get much worse in your future. Learning how to live drug free IS scary, but its so worth it.

All of us have to learn new skills to deal with anxiety, anxiety, etc., without reaching for yet another pill.

If you have a secret "stash" of benzos or other mind affecting drugs, ditch them asap. You have to be determined to face life without pills.

love you,

Annie

Me Too Boom!  Came off twice without a problem.  I didn't know there was anything to fear with benzos.  Am so happy for the OP.  Just hope they listen to what can happen.  Sure wish I had this info years ago.  No amount of anxiety or muscle spasms would have been enough to pop another benzo.  Beststrong is lucky to have found this forum!!!!!  Healing to all.

I quit benzos like five or six times and was fine. It was the most recent c/t that sent me into this hell. Honestly, when I quit benzos before, I never noticed feeling different hardly at all. So yes, some people get lucky. I didn't get lucky this time around.

Exactly. I came off three times from the Valium and previous to that, several times on and off bromazepam. This last time is the only one I've seen the horror this can be. That's why I believed kindling is a factor.