Day 1

[Br...]

I have joined Benzobuddies due to the fact I would like to see other peoples experiences during their taper/benzo-free life, I would also like the feeling of support during my taper by people who are going through the same thing. I have taken Ativan with a prescription and I'm now on Klonopin and have taken Xanax IR and XR without a prescription. I was prescribed .5mg as needed twice daily but soon found myself taking it twice a day due to my body gaining a dependance and life has been miserable ever since so I made a change and started taking only one a day. I have been taking them prescribed for 2 months and non prescribed for 4(that's including those 2 months). This is the first day of my taper and I'm now on .375 mg by cutting them. life is hard and anxiety-filled...but so is benzo withdrawal, its not worth it. my first experience with benzos I took over 5mg and forgot everything that happened that night, I apparently drove my car to a motel so I could continue to take my street pressed bars and have fun with my fiance without worrying about her parents noticing something shady. I have a very addictive personality and made this mistake.[/font]

Hello Brightside :hug: Welcome to Benzobuddies!

We are glad that you joined our community.  Benzodiazepines are only recommended for short term use (2 or 3 weeks).  You should be careful with street drugs, you cant be sure what's in them!  You are making the right decision to taper off,  benzos need to be tapered slow. Withdrawal can be tough, but worth it to be free, you will come through it.  You will find some very valuable support and information on the forum.  Please feel free to browse the boards and post questions to any of the dedicated threads.

The rule of thumb is to reduce the daily dose by somewhere between 5% and 10% every 10 - 14 days.  It’s okay to go slower than this, whatever feels comfortable, the aim is to try to keep symptoms manageable.

I would suggest that you familiarise yourself with the Ashton Manual, It is a great resource for understanding the effect benzo’s have on our body.  It provides tapering and withdrawal information and includes a list of common symptoms 

I'll leave you a few links:

The Ashton Manual

Withdrawal Support

General Taper Plans

Please take time to add a signature (history of meds/doses etc) it will help members give you relevant advice.  Go to the top of the page and select PROFILE then choose forum profile then insert drug history into the text box and remember to click change profile

Welcome aboard

Magrita

Welcome Brightside:

You are a relatively short term user so there is much hope for a full recovery for you.  It is important to stabilize, to take these drugs as consistently as possible.

If you can take the lowest average dose every day at the same time to start feeling better, that would be a good start.  I see you've already started tapering.

How are you going to divide your tablets to taper.  There are a couple of ways in case you haven't found them on the Taper Support site. Hopefully, you can begin with

only taking the medically supplied benzos.

I wish you well. :smitten:

Kloinkar