AMEN

[ef...]

[ef...]

Stopping by here to pass on my success story.

I was on Klonopin for appoximately 5 years along with other numerous psych drugs all which work with each other, so I have been told.  I was dealing with all men in my house at the time and little did I know at the same time I was also going through menopause.  OH MY GOD!  The change was enough to require tranquilizers.  I suffered through constant mood swings and crying.  Once I was put on Klonopin it was all lights out for me.

I became so calm that I was actually living in a fog.  Seriouslly, I lived with complete brain fog.  It was okay while I was there because I didn't know any better.  I found out later on that it was not coping with life, rather avoiding it.  How scary is that.  While being under the influence of drugs, I never remembered anything anyone ever told me, my work was effected and I had numerous car accidents which were all my fault from being "numb".  That would best discribe life, "NUMB".  Life was going on around me without out me.

I don't remember what prompted me initially to seek out BB but one day, I think when I was reading about my different meds, I found it.  I just knew things were not right with me and I needed some sort of change.  I wasn't looking for others advice or to compare what I was going through with anyone else, I wanted to make some changes and maybe get off some of my medicine.It became a contest for me.  I teamed up with a member who had such support for me. We talked back and forth.  I couldn't believe I actually had a friend in out there in a different place than myself.  Who would have thought?  She was in the process of finishing her taper and I was a month behind her.  I was having a little more of a difficult time than she was.  I held on to a cut for a month.  It was FEAR that kept me there.  I was really afraid of what coping was going to be like.  Then when she finished and she received all her congrats from other members, I wanted to be next, and with her support, and others, I finished my taper with all dry cuttting and this took me six months. I did it.

I can still remember just a few weeks after being benzo free, sitting out side at a restraunt, looking at the blue sky and realizing how clear it was, that was when my life became clear.

I do have to admit, I did not suffer near as much as some of the others, but I also was not on the drug as long.  I am so thankful.

Every morning I pray and when I do, I pray for benzobuddies.  I pray for those who have already been down the taper road and the healing for both them and those who are seeking help.  I pray that all will succeed as I have.  Everyday is a new day.

Think P-O-S-I-T-I-V-E!

Love

Hi Muggzie!

Nice to see you again. Thank you so much for coming back and posting your positive story! And congratulations for making it!  :yippee:

Hello Muggzie,

I just read your success story. It was great! I am in the process of tapering and wanted to let you know, I found this to be inspirational.

Thanks so much.

Summer

I teamed up with a member who had such support for me, she even gave me her private email which we talked back and forth even to where we exchanged phone numbers.

Hi,

Just a quick heads up....we do strongly discourage exchanging private contact information. Of course, it is usually not a problem, but realistically, we are all strangers to each other, as much as we may feel we know and love each other. I've seen many instances of this backfiring in a big way! It happened to me. Just be careful!  :)

Hey Mugzie,

Thank you for sharing this! I'm so glad you made it! Congrats and thanks for the prayers, we all need them :)

cupcake