Going from 2 mgs of diazepam to 1 mg tonight

[Pa...]

Tonight I make the cut.  I'm just hoping everything I've read here won't happen to me.  So far going from 15 mgs diazepam to here has been hard but not the hardest thing I've ever been through. 

How have you all coped with anxiety and insomnia coming off these?

That's a 50% cut, Passios. Are you sure you want to do that? Even Ashton says:

When you get down to a dose of 5mg daily, you could begin to decrease in 0.5mg doses

What about reducing by .5 mgs?

Anyhow, just a thought. You've seemingly done fine on your past reductions, so maybe things will work out for you. Here's hoping!

Good luck.

:thumbsup:

Katz

Thank you everyone for your concern.  My psych nurse is making go down this fast.  I have no choice.  I've begged her to go slower but she wont.  I have to do it. 

Here's hoping it won't be that bad.

Well it hasn't been that bad so far.  Insomnia, but I'm using Zyprexa to help with that.  I'm getting a new psych nurse.  I don't agree with coming down so fast and would like a second opinion.  I would like to be taking trazadone for the insomnia not Zyprexa.  I have to sleep.  I know you guys don't agree with using other meds but I'm bipolar,  sleep is imperative to my mental health.  I will use other meds.  I didn't want to come off lorazepam to begin with.  Not at this time in my life at least.  But at least I'm almost off.

I don't agree with coming down so fast and would like a second opinion.  I would like to be taking trazadone for the insomnia not Zyprexa.

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

L-tryptophan helped my insomnia a lot! And it's OTC.

Just a thought.

katz

Thanks for the info about L tryptophan.

She's having me stay at 1 mg for 22 days then off.  I don't agree, I think I should go down to .5 first.  We'll see if this clinic will let me get a psych nurse.

She's having me stay at 1 mg for 22 days then off.  I don't agree, I think I should go down to .5 first.

Can't you just cut the pill in half after, say, 2 weeks? Does she have to know???

Katz

Hi! How are you doing your 10% taper? Are you doing a liquid titration? Can you provide more details if you’re comfortable doing so?