Help..

[To...]

I’m barely sleeping and I feel so beyond sick from not sleeping enough,I feel like it’s almost everyday in this hell,is anyone else have it this bad? I mean just can’t shut your brain off before bed? I’m soo tired and can not sleep,it’s tortureing me to the core....can’t walk when I don’t sleep and anxiety is 1000 times worse does anyone have it this bad?

I am in the same boat.  Going on a long time now.  Eyes developed bags quick and my muscles atrophied (lost 3 inches around arms). The sleep deprivation makes the anxiety and derealization worse. I am also wide awake and never sleepy.  I don't get more than 2hrs sleep. I still go for long walks more days than.not.  You can still do it. According to others this is supposed to end.  If you get any nights of 3 or more hours sleep trust it will get better.  Any progress is hope. I am still waiting on 3h nights.

Uncomfortablenumb1 yes it does go away,I healed once before and can say it does go away...

Do you do any techniques to make yourself tired? This wd is a true nightmare....

Severe insomnia is normal for someone in BWD. Its your BRAIN causing this stuff. Benzos work on one small part of your brain, your Fear Center. Benzos sort of numb it and take away some anxiety, fear, etc., that prevents you from sleeping. But when you go off benzos by any ways or means, insomnia can happen.

hat worked for me was listening to Sleep Hypnosis videos on You Tube. I doubted they would help, so I was very surprised to find out about 2 months later that they can and they did, for me. The hypnotic suggestions take a while to sink into your messed up benzo brain. But eventually, most people WILL respond to the hypnotic suggestions hidden in those videos.

east

Yes..it’s horrific,I’ve got better before so I know it does leave but my thoughts are so negative maybe

Cause the wd is so bad? Idk....like I’ve layed here for hours upon hours,I seriously cannot remember feeling even 1 day like this when I was healed,it’s like when the Insomia hits the anxiety hits 2000 times harder...my nervous system is so raw.

I’m going through a setback as well. It started in May after a stressful event. I’ve never been 100% healed since my c/t but I’d say close to 85% and now feel like I’m back in almost acute. Insomnia is off the charts bad and I’m having to occasionally take an OTC sleep aid to stop the anxiety/panic so I can get a break at night.

You fully healed before and your body will once again find it’s way to homeostasis.

~Love to all~

Does the insomnia cause derealization for you?  I am living in a dream.  For techniques, I don't do much - walk, get sun, shower before bed, keep bedroom cool and dark, deep breathe, rotate sometimes Benadryl, melatonin, marijuana (but it obviously is not working well). 

This week I got 10hrs sleep.  It might be on verge of improving because weeks before I was only getting 6 to 8hrs. I seriously need at least 20hrs per week to not feel like a total zombie. This is really wearing me out. 

Does the insomnia cause derealization for you?  I am living in a dream.  For techniques, I don't do much - walk, get sun, shower before bed, keep bedroom cool and dark, deep breathe, rotate sometimes Benadryl, melatonin, marijuana (but it obviously is not working well). 

This week I got 10hrs sleep.  It might be on verge of improving because weeks before I was only getting 6 to 8hrs. I seriously need at least 20hrs per week to not feel like a total zombie. This is really wearing me out.

If you’re open to cannabis, you may want to consider giving CBD a go. I get better overall sleep if I take a small amount of CBD daily...it does not work as a nighttime knock-out, more as help restoring sleep patterns.

Challis,

What CBD strain would you suggest? Buds or oil?  I never had much luck with cbd but could try again.  Recently I have tried indica strains like sensi star and blueberry. They are supposed to help sleep but have moderate to high thc. Guessing this might not be good for Dp/Dr. 

My favorite is Cannatonic but ours tested at 14:1 which is atypical for Cannatonic, which Leafly has at 1:1.  I’d go for an 8:1 ratio or higher. THC can be a bugger in withdrawal and early recovery for even those of us who are used to it.

Buds or vape are instantaneous for relief, oil takes an hour or two. CBD is fairly subtle. I wouldn’t have expectations of instant relief of anything besides acute anxiety.