How to get through wd while walking on eggshells at home??

[Un...]

How to get through wd when suffering acute throughout taper and environment is toxic??  Anger blow ups, emotional and verbal abuse from husband.  Seems to be a monthly occurrence.  CNS is so fried already.  Yesterday it happened again.  He has anger issues and has been working on them since December of last year - going to the gym, not drinking during the week, quit hard alcohol altogether.  Still, there is no excuse for any form of abuse no matter what.  I fear him and his moods.

Yesterday caused involuntary movements and nervous breakdown.  Said I’d have to leave if I don’t feel safe.  I’m so scared.  Don’t know how to handle any of this and feel going through a divorce while this fragile would absolutely break me  :'(

Can this be worsening my wd process??  Seriously thinking about leaving but so scared of vengeance. 

How to get through wd when suffering acute throughout taper and environment is toxic??  Anger blow ups, emotional and verbal abuse from husband.  Seems to be a monthly occurrence.  CNS is so fried already.  Yesterday it happened again.  He has anger issues and has been working on them since December of last year - going to the gym, not drinking during the week, quit hard alcohol altogether.  Still, there is no excuse for any form of abuse no matter what.  I fear him and his moods.

Yesterday caused involuntary movements and nervous breakdown.  Said I’d have to leave if I don’t feel safe.  I’m so scared.  Don’t know how to handle any of this and feel going through a divorce while this fragile would absolutely break me  :'(

Can this be worsening my wd process??  Seriously thinking about leaving but so scared of vengeance.

It is definitely adding a terrible amount of stress sweet Uni, I am so so sorry.  Do you have a place to go where you will feel safe?  You don't have to worry about divorce now, that can come when you feel stronger, or you leaving may make him actually try to change.  But the most important thing is your safety.  Love you very much, Mary 💜💜💜

I’m so sorry...nobody should be treated this way ever but particularly not when so fragile.  I wish there were long term living accommodations for people recovering from benzodiazepines. Such places are sorely needed.

The best environment is a calm and peaceful one when you’re going through this (I know, way easier said than done). The central nervous system just isn’t able to deal with any kind of stress...hence the involuntary movements. The CNS can’t suppress them when it’s so sensitive, but with time that will disappear.

Stress amps symptoms but indications are strong that the body continues healing even when stressed. It makes things more miserable, but healing continues even through stress.

One thing I changed during my recovery was to allow myself to put myneeds first. Women especially find this difficult because we’re usually the caretakers.  If you can, try your best to do what you can to take care of yourself first.

Take care....if you have somewhere else safe to go and be in peace, I’d give it some strong consideration.

:smitten:

I packed his bag, changed the locks and called a divorce attorney. I was really out of it but managed to get rid of him. I got a dog instead. Another great decision. Actually we are good friends now but he was okay about it.

Thank you Mary, Challis, Benzogirl

Not okay right now, system needs to settle feels like I’m breaking.  Have a place to go, a friend said I could stay.  5 hours away and would come get me.  Cannot handle huge changes but cannot handle more stress than already going through, there’s been too much.  Just need to survive through this.

Trying to get calm and rational but scared child mode is raging and frozen in fear.  At least there’s a back up plan option now.  Thank you for caring, I really appreciate it. 

Mary thank you for checking on me.  Love you. 

Thank you Mary, Challis, Benzogirl

Not okay right now, system needs to settle feels like I’m breaking.  Have a place to go, a friend said I could stay.  5 hours away and would come get me.  Cannot handle huge changes but cannot handle more stress than already going through, there’s been too much.  Just need to survive through this.

Trying to get calm and rational but scared child mode is raging and frozen in fear.  At least there’s a back up plan option now.  Thank you for caring, I really appreciate it. 

Mary thank you for checking on me.  Love you.

Please be safe Uni, and keep us posted 💜💜💜