Buspirone

[De...]

Please some thoughts on buspirone or Buspar, I’m contemplating taking it for anxiety. I jumped four months ago and I’m dealing with some health issues. Thanks.

Hello, I don't know how it will affect you, but I have been on 10 mg 3 times a day for over 5 years and I think it helps me. The reason I said I think it helps is because I started it about 3 weeks before clonazepam. When I went to detox I tried to cold turkey both at the same time, but my NP in rehab told me to go back on the Buspar. I was only off it about 3 days, so she started it back up at 15 mg 3 times a day. I have since cut it to 10 mg 3 times a day and will cut more as time goes by. It certainly does not seem to be hurting me at the moment. Buspar has a tendency to cause a little dizziness/sedation feeling about an hour after you take it, but my body got used to it.

By the way, when I cut it down I only had shakiness for a few days and I was okay. Make the decision you feel is best for you and be blessed.

PG

I took 7.5 mg AM and PM for 9 months and quit cold turkey last week with ZERO withdrawals. Very safe med, short half life and I would say non-addictive because of that, and I'm very sensitive to meds. Great med... you can take as little as 2.5mg or up to 60mg daily dose. Lots of room to wiggle with this med. It's not super strong like a Benzo, but so much safer. This med was helpful when I needed it, and super easy to come off of. It's an anticholinergic, not an antidepressant. This pill is strictly for anxiety. Good luck and I only had positive experience! ❤

• 1 month later...

I was put on Buspirone  8 months ago for anxiety 1x5mg, then 2x5mg, at which point I had to stop because extreme fear on waking. Continued with 1x 5mg.

14 days ago I started to reduce the pill by cutting and taking 3/4 to start tapering.

My anxiety is now terrible with feelings of anger, I am really struggling. I was told that this drug wasn't addictive!

just my experience with it so far.