Cold turkey

[Ki...]

I'm in a position that I don't want to be in the public system might be taking over my prescriptions. For klonopin Clomazpam in NZ.

I won't go into to much detail but my Dr was forced by law over stupid message I sent to him. And had to report by law to the system. (Terrible underfunded clueless MH System) who I will never be under their control again.

15+ years xanax first 5ish then when moved back to NZ Dr gave me klonopin had no idea about difference in half life differences between the two types of benzopines.

So 10 years on klonopin last 5 years.

Prescribed .5mg 4 x day total 2mg And codeine can be 90-150mg a day.

I've previously got myself of oxycodone. But more surgery ongoing pain and depression anxiety etc I was put back on codeine so know I can get off if have too.

I have a deep hatred for the Public system long stories.

But I'm not going under them again full stop... so if they tell me at meeting they are taking control of my medication prescriptions. I'm not going to accept and will be going cold turkey as my Dr won't be able to prescribe my normal dosage again. On my own.

Anyone gone cold turkey from 20mg a day klonopin. I know withdrawal and expect extreme withdrawal if they take over as I won't be tapering off.

Anyone done this and anything else I should know...

I know you shouldn't go cold turkey off both but I might have no choice I'm not letting them take over either way I'll tear up script.

Any advice if this is result after meeting?.

Thanks

Hi. I know I keep reading this happening everywhere Drs running scared now media about it and opiates in news.

Yes 2mg a day prescribed.  . 5mg . In total 15 years taking them xanax for 5 then klonopin 10 and last five that dose at 2mg a day.

I'm terrified Im happy to get taper to a point only with my Drs not with the public mental health in control. If they force me under them I walking out  but i need them as anti depressants mess with my head and don't work for me I've tried so many.

Thank you for that information.

I just know Drs psychiatrists don't listen or beleive MH patients and always right you off ax if in your head

Is there any other information I can print off to show them regarding withdrawal symptoms etc