7 months PAWS

[3d...]

[3d...]

Hi

I am 7 months in post-acute withdrawal syndrome from Klonopin.

Looking for support with symptoms, specifically anxiety and OCD related.

Hello Failureisnotanoption,

Welcome to Benzo Buddies and congratulations on being benzo free. While it may seem like 7 months is a long time to be off benzos and still be symptomatic, this can be the case for some people. I was not healed at 7 months, in fact, some of my symptoms were still very strong. I'm glad you've joined the forum, you'll get a lot of support as you continue to recover.

Anxiety and OCD are very common during withdrawal. Withdrawal anxiety is like no other kind, in my opinion.  It can take a while for the central nervous system to settle down.  I'll give you a link to the Post Withdrawal Recovery Board where you can post and receive feedback from members.

I'll also give you a link to the Ashton Manual. While it discusses tapering in detail, it also gives good information about the withdrawal process in general. The manual was written by Dr. Heather Ashton, an expert in the field.

No, failure is not an option. Give it time and you'll see improvements. I saw a lot of good healing after my one year mark.  Let us know how we can help, please do ask questions, we understand what you are going through.

Post-withdrawal Recovery Support 

The Ashton Manual

pianogirl  :)