Hoping to become me again

[Se...]

Hi, I was only using Benzos for three months. However, I tapered over only 4 days. It’s been 5 months since I stopped and still feel pretty bad.

Hi Seeking peace and welcome to BenzoBuddies.

I’m sorry you’re still having symptoms, but it may be reassuring to hear that this is not uncommon. Benzodiazepines are powerful drugs and it can take some time to feel normal again. But you will get ‘you’ back again, it will just take more time than seems reasonable.

Let me give you this link to begin posting your concerns:Post-withdrawal Recovery Support 

If you will take a minute to add a ‘signature’ (benzodiazepine history) it will help others better reply to your posts. Go up to Profile, then Forum Profile and write in the text box. This info will automatically show up in your posts so you won’t have to keep explaining your situation.

Take care...things will get better.  :smitten:

Challis

[c1...]

Hi peace and welcome to BB!

It seems to me that your taper was too fast. Even a non benzo savvy doctor would recommend a much longer taper. Not having a profile is difficult to give you more details of what you can do. I took benzos and an antibiotic for two weeks and suffer for months too. Go back to the medication is not really advisable unless the suffering is unbearable. Also this  situation may open the door to be medicated with other drugs. So, be careful ! Try to eat well, get distracted and exercise if you can. See if this improve the way you feel. If it does a little, you may be on your path to recover without the need of medication.

Good luck!

Miguel