Does head pressure and burning brain get better or go away in most cases?

[un...]

I have insane burning brain and head pressure 24/7.  It is like the worst pain every single day. I need to know that this is likely to get better or go away. It is intolerable.

Hi uc,

I read your signature but am a bit confused. Are you OFF all psych meds, including benzos now? Tell me a bit more about yourself, so I can attempt to help you.

Insane burning head pressure is very common when one goes off benzos AND psych meds. And it can be very, very intense for some. You are NOT the only one with this symptom.

It might help if you got the basics of WHY you feel this way. Read Parkers article "What is Happening in Your Brain" tostart to get the basics down. And I will try to help you figure it all out. I am going to put it simply and quickly:

Benzos work on your brain, calming one specific part of your brain, the amygdala. They "damp" it down, causing you to feel more relaxed. Your Amygdala is the FEAR center of your brain, and is the place where the "fight or flight" response starts. When one goes off benzos by ANY means or ways, that tiny part of your brain can go a bit crazy for a while. You may feel intense fear, anxiety, panic attacks. Because benzos work on your brain, almost ANY sort of weird symptom can occur when you go off benzos. ALL of your symptoms are being caused by your upset brain.

No one can tell you when this will end, but I CAN tell you it will. When I went CT off a huge amount of benzos and SSRIs, I spent the first year in utter hell. The second year was a bit better.

I would suggest you read my second Success Story. Eastcoasts Trip Two is its name. I have tried hard to explain what a horror show I went through. But I healed, and SO WILL YOU AS LONG AS YOU DONT GO BACK ON BENZOS.

BIG hug for you!

east (Annie)

Hi East,

It is hard to fit my history in the signature. It is nuts and I think I even left out a couple of meds. But they were only taken for several wks years ago.

I have been suffering since October 2018.  Seemed like life stresses (death of father, having to move, having to stop my fitness career maybe for good) sent me back into withdrawal.  I also think alcohol may have been a factor as I drank several times as my life was being turned upside down.

Insomnia broke me down. After a half year of suffering I tried Remeron again 16 doses and Ativan 10 doses. Realized it was a bad mistake. Quick tolerance and interdose withdrawal with Ativan.  Stopped CT. I have been off everything for 11wks. 

Suffering severe insomnia (0-2hrs sleep, 6-8hrs per week), head pressure, burning brain, dp/dr, emotional numbness, blank mind, depression, and anxiety.

In a really awful place. I recovered from withdrawal before and was well for a year. This time feels worse and longer. Some docs tell me I should go on benzos again or Topamax. Some say low dose naltrexone. One suggested oxycontin for the head symptoms.  I am being referred to a neurologist but I am not sure how helpful this will be. Ughhh.  Feels like a dead end. I am 38yo and it feels as though my life is already over unless these symptoms can get much less severe. 

Thanks for reading and trying to help,

Eric

Eric, my heart goes out to you. I know how scared and uncertain you feel right now. That is par for the course with benzo wd. All of this stuff comes as such a huge shock, that you can feel so awful because you took a benzo.

If it were me, I would NOT start some new damn drug. That kind of thinking got me into a world of trouble. Thbis old nurse used to think a pill could help me, and I finally realized that this was NOT true. I had to learn how to manage anxiety, insomnia, WITHOUT resorint to take yet another damn pill. This was very very hard for me to accept.

IF kindling does exist, you are kindled, having gone off and on benzos a couple times. I personally donot know if I think kindling does exist. But it might.

\What I DO know is that you and I have to stay off benzos for the rest of our lives.

Go to Success Stories and read my new one. Eastcoast's Trip 2. And then get back to me., I really want to help you. But dnt PM me, as my ability to Pm has been restricted.

Know that THIS old benzo warrior wants to help you.

east (Annie)