Moving Residences During the Taper; Ever Done Before?

[Jo...]

Hi BB. My taper is going pretty well since I started in early March. I taper 5% every 2 weeks on a daily dry cut basis of Klonopin. My main withdrawal symptoms are persistent low level anxiety, some brain fog, agitation and chest pressure. I call this my Window. Every few weeks I seem to get a wave for about 2 days where I am basically laid up in bed immobilized. I do not currently work.

My taper of 15 months is scheduled to end on June 1 next year. It now looks like I will have to move out of State ( in the US) during this taper.

My question is whether any BB out there has had to move residences during their taper and how did it go? This would be helpful for me even if the move is not far.

Thank you!

Hi John!

I moved to another state during my taper. There were many challenges, but for the most part it went well. The change in my environment was actually beneficial. I wish you well! :thumbsup:

I moved to a larger city and had a 5 day CT before I could find a doctor to prescribe.  I then moved again and had the same problem.  Some doctors refuse to write a prescription for benzos.  I wish you luck.  I'm back home now with a benzo wise doctor who lets me taper to my symptoms, hope you find one, too! 

I moved in the middle of my taper to another state. There are challenges to this as every move is a pain. But truly I had no problems and it was actually the best decision of my life, outside of getting off benzos. My family gave me a hard time about benzos so I didn’t have to hear their nonsense anymore.

Thank you BenzoGirl. I am looking forward to my move. I am more confident now about the move after hearing others have successfully done it.

P.S. I read some of your blog. Very Inspiring!

I did it.  I moved from an apartment to our first house.  We hired movers and my in-laws helped pack everything.  Planning way ahead of time and pacing yourself helps. 

Thank you BenzoGirl. I am looking forward to my move. I am more confident now about the move after hearing others have successfully done it.

P.S. I read some of your blog. Very Inspiring!

Then you’re the only one. Lol 😂

I moved back to my hometown from another city in the same state 2 months after being reinstated from C/T. I did a lot of the packing before movers came. Also, drove my car with one of our dogs.

The best move ever!

I moved to a new town 20 miles North in my third year of wd. I was still quite DP/DR and had other wd symnptoms. But I managed to pack up, sell my old home and move to my new town. HUGE undertaking and I am not even sure how I did this back then.

Moving is so stressful, and bwd is even MORE stressful.

east

I moved to a new town 20 miles North in my third year of wd. I was still quite DP/DR and had other wd symnptoms. But I managed to pack up, sell my old home and move to my new town. HUGE undertaking and I am not even sure how I did this back then.

Moving is so stressful, and bwd is even MORE stressful.

east

East,

But you did! I agree, it is a huge stressor and I really don't how I did it either. I was still trying to stabilize from the C/T.  Thank God I did not have to do the majority of the work selling and buying. I don't know if I could done that.

Hi Dana!

I would like to hear more of your story. I cannot PM, so if you want to, go to my new Success Story and talk to me there. More private.

I still do not know how I managed to do that entire move. I even re-painted four living room walls  to help sell the house. All during an especially brutal cold turkey.

What I do know now is that getting through bwd took enormous strength and determination. And it changed me in so many ways, mostly good ways. I hope you have found this as well.

east (Annie)