Simethicone

[De...]

Has anybody have a reaction to Simethicone for gas?

I’m in a wave brought up by antibiotics, and Simethicone for gas, also a bad reaction to homeopathic remedy for constipation.

Thanks!

I take Simethicone 180mg after dinner every night after dinner to prevent gas from irritating my upper gut. I have a history of gastric ulcers. This has helped with pain. I am not aware of any side effects that would have an impact on withdrawal. I did research and found nothing. Hope this helps and that you feel better soon!

It’s hard to pinpoint what exactly has caused a wave IMO. It can also be the condition that caused one to be prescribed an antibiotic rather than the antibiotic itself that brings on a wave. Waves are sometimes delayed a week or so after a triggering event occurs, or that was my experience anyway.

Challis99,

Inwas prescribe the antibiotic because I caught a cold and had a fever and asthma. Due to my age and the asthma the doctor thought I should take it.

Demelza, my reaction to this is the same as Dana's. We have a similar ulcer history:

take Simethicone 180mg after dinner every night after dinner to prevent gas from irritating my upper gut. I have a history of gastric ulcers. This has helped with pain.

Sorry it's giving you trouble. It seems a pretty benign substance, but as my cardiologist says: "Any drug, any dosage, any time . . ." meaning what was good for you today might not be tomorrow. Ah, the wisdom of doctors, right? We could assemble their wise sayings in a very tiny book.  :D

Hope you feel better.

Katz

Demelza, my reaction to this is the same as Dana's. We have a similar ulcer history:

take Simethicone 180mg after dinner every night after dinner to prevent gas from irritating my upper gut. I have a history of gastric ulcers. This has helped with pain.

Sorry it's giving you trouble. It seems a pretty benign substance, but as my cardiologist says: "Any drug, any dosage, any time . . ." meaning what was good for you today might not be tomorrow. Ah, the wisdom of doctors, right? We could assemble their wise sayings in a very tiny book.  :D

Hope you feel better.

Katz

Hi Katz,

Your Cardiologist is right. We never know what effects we are going to have, even as benign as drug seems. I really did research it and found nothing on it affecting the CNS, not to say it can't, but I think we are pretty safe with this.

I also took an homeopathic remedy for the stomach problems caused by the antibiotics and that made me feel worse, chills, gas, nausea. The less medications the better.