Benzos preventing AD's from working?

[Li...]

I'm curious if anyone has an experience similar to mine. In May 2018 I quit taking Effexor after 8 years of feeling perfectly symptom free from anxiety and depression. In June 2018 I was under a lot of pressure at work and started feeling anxious. I decided to go back on Effexor but had terrible side effects. My anxiety an depression went through the roof within 24 hours from taking the first pill. I was prescribed benzos to deal with the side effects from the AD and encouraged to keep taking them for months while doctors tried to adjust mu AD's. Long story short, my AD's never kicked in. I was switched from Effexor to Cymbalta last May - but still no results. My theory is that the benzo might have played a part in the AD's not being successful this time. I'm hoping that once I'm off, the AD's might work. Any thoughts or opinions?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm curious if anyone has an experience similar to mine. In May 2018 I quit taking Effexor after 8 years of feeling perfectly symptom free from anxiety and depression. In June 2018 I was under a lot of pressure at work and started feeling anxious. I decided to go back on Effexor but had terrible side effects. My anxiety an depression went through the roof within 24 hours from taking the first pill. I was prescribed benzos to deal with the side effects from the AD and encouraged to keep taking them for months while doctors tried to adjust mu AD's. Long story short, my AD's never kicked in. I was switched from Effexor to Cymbalta last May - but still no results. My theory is that the benzo might have played a part in the AD's not being successful this time. I'm hoping that once I'm off, the AD's might work. Any thoughts or opinions?

Yes, they do. The Cymbalta should help you taper the BZD.