Morning glucose levels higher than ever

[Bl...]

Hi, I’ve been monitoring my glucose in the morning when I wake up. I am a slim person, exercise and never had issues with my glucose.

My normal levels in the morning before all this were 90-95. Now they are higher than ever in my life. 100-105.

I know it’s not a lot but for me it’s a warning sign. My mom is a diabetic and I don’t want to end in that path. Does this gets reversed once I finish this taper? Will I be like this from now on? My head is spinning with thoughts I am very angry....simply cannot believe doctors just prescibe this knowing they will screw you up for the rest of our lives

Blossom

We eat way, way too many carbs and this can and often does lead to insulin resistance and diabetes. Many people have been able to get their blood sugar under control, even getting rid of type 2 diabetes with the keto diet. Just cutting out sugar is a good start but your body doesn't discriminate between other carb sources, it all gets converted to glucose in your body.

You can't rely on mainstream medicine to deal with this problem. If you are worried about this (everyone should be, IMO) check out youtube videos by Ken Berry MD and Jason Fung MD. Tons and tons of eye opening information about how blood sugar, insulin resistance and diabetes REALLY works.

Hi, I’ve been monitoring my glucose in the morning when I wake up. I am a slim person, exercise and never had issues with my glucose.

My normal levels in the morning before all this were 90-95. Now they are higher than ever in my life. 100-105.

I know it’s not a lot but for me it’s a warning sign. My mom is a diabetic and I don’t want to end in that path. Does this gets reversed once I finish this taper? Will I be like this from now on? My head is spinning with thoughts I am very angry....simply cannot believe doctors just prescibe this knowing they will screw you up for the rest of our lives

Blossom

Diabetes during withdrawal seems to be a transient condition. Sila, another BB, also wrote some posts about it. You might PM her.

There are blood irregularities that can pop up during the benzo crap. I certainly have had a lot of irregularities in my blood as well as nosebleeds (which I never had prior to benzos), and my platelets jumped up to 1.2 million or something, causing a tremendous scare.

So far I haven't gotten pre-diabetes or diabetes. A doctor once told me that I had "highly reactive blood." I blame it all on the benzo crap.

Blossom

Diabetes during withdrawal seems to be a transient condition. Sila, another BB, also wrote some posts about it. You might PM her.

There are blood irregularities that can pop up during the benzo crap. I certainly have had a lot of irregularities in my blood as well as nosebleeds (which I never had prior to benzos), and my platelets jumped up to 1.2 million or something, causing a tremendous scare.

So far I haven't gotten pre-diabetes or diabetes. A doctor once told me that I had "highly reactive blood." I blame it all on the benzo crap.

Thank you for the information. I will message her, benzos mess horrible with our bodies :( I am so so tired.

Blossom

Yes, they do. It's too bad we didn't know all this before having the first pill. I NEVER would have had a benzo in that case!!