Just under 6 months...checking in.

[Ra...]

Hi everyone, checking back in for an almost 6 month celebration!

Firstly, let me extend love and strength to everyone that is here. Please know that if you are suffering it will not and cannot last forever. Lean on your benzobuddies for support and trust in yourself to make one more step forward.A return to a more peaceful life is possible. Always give yourself credit for the smallest victories and do not linger on setbacks. This is a very hard process and the greatest gift anyone can give themselves is acceptance of the situation  and room to breathe.

At 5 months and 24 days I am significantly recovered. Some days are of course better than others but the overall trend is improving. Lingering sporadic insomnia with periods of nighttime or early morning anxiety are still occurring as is some mild depression/apathy. My only true physical symptom seems to be an inability to fully relax. I can sit still or be tired but I cannot achieve that pleasant relaxed state that one might feel when completely at ease. I am hopeful it will return in time.

Some of my symptoms might also be attributed to Lexapro,I am still on 10 mg daily. Definitely some emotional blunting/ apathy/ fatigue as a side effect.

The good part is that my list of " complaints" is so short compared to how I used to feel. If I have to live the rest of my life feeling as I do now -I will be completely fine.  I was so very ,very low and I have come so far. I have to place things in perspective.

Buddies, please know that it is TRUTH that you will feel entirely different as you emerge from under this shadow. The sun does shine again. It will not happen quickly, nor easily for most of us,but that day will come that we awake and say " today is going to be a great day".

As always, contact me if you need to talk...

Congrats on good healing progress. Damage due to benzodiazepine use takes a long time to reverse so you likely have lots of good changes ahead.

:smitten: