In general,what prescriptions and/ or supplements have helped w/ the withdrawal?

[Ol...]

I am looking for any additive that might help make my regular taper (10-15% every 2-3 weeks) a little smoother so I can still work as long as possible. I have heard MAgnesium, fish oil, passionflower for supplements. I have also heard mixed reviews about clonidine, vistaril, doxepin to name a few. I was wondering if any of the ones mentioned or other supplements/ prescriptions were helpful for anyone?

Helo!  Interesting that no one has responded!!    I am 6 weeks out, and have tried Gabapentin 3 times during my recovery.  100 mgs...just a dose (one time 2) when symptoms get really bad.  It helps, but I wonder if I need to take it regularly to get full benefit?    I don’t really want to take anything, but GOD what the hell is going in with my body??  How will I get through this??  What are you doing for relief?

Oliveritas,  I have a cousin who is very much into homeopathy. She told me there is a mixture available in the Netherlands, called Passionflower complex. By a company called Vogel.

I emailed the company that produces it, wether this was compatible with Diazepam. After a week they came back with a positive answer. So, I could take it to soften the side effects of tapering, but didn't so far. Frightened of having additional side effects... But maybe I might take it, if things got worse.

Diana; I read scary things about Gabapentin, so wouldn't want to take it, I guess. It's all terrible stuff.

It seems to me that its very individual on what will perhaps help, what will just transfer symptom responsibility to another med, and what is a risk that may cause further harm...

Where possible, I would suggest first looking at taper speed options if things are bad.. Failing that, it can get deep and complicated for some, and research for each individuals needs would be prudent.. This might include some testing to demonstrate a need or deficiency, and/or caution on initiating a new substance, possibly one at a time...

I do think we can often find a few supplements that appear to help a bit at certain times, but thats a bit different to attempting to modulate with medications to reduce Withdrawal Symptoms.. Some can help, but the costs, risks or effectiveness will vary person to person, as will the “need”...

Luckily, there has been quite a lot written, discussed and debated about it here, from orange “sticky threads” to dedicated support groups..

I did ok with some infrequent gabapentin doses at times, but have to steer very clear of magnesium and calcium it appears... I take a few general supplements, fish oil and a multi vit,  mainly in an attempt to fill dietary gaps.. -I dont eat seafood or dairy, and I know some foods can be a bit lacking...

I prefer to eat things like seaweed/kelp, Bee Pollen, and Coconut, etc.. But hats just my way..

Im a lucky one, some are far more sensitive than I...

Hope this helps..

:)