Help with liquid taper Diazepam

[Tr...]

I' m confused: after doing all the names and numbers in Jim Hawks' s plan, I see blue numbers below the =ml sign. What do they mean? What do I do with those? I plan to taper 5% per 14 days. Ten pills weigh 0,168 g. What do I take out and what do I use? Could someone help me please?  My thinking ability is not what it used to be...

I'm confused.  The topic says "liquid taper", but your giving tablet weight.

Do you really want to do a liquid taper, or are you trying to do a dry/scale taper.  If your doing liquid, then tablet weight is not a factor

• 2 weeks later...
My mistake. What I meant was, I would like to go down the DLMT route. Dissolving 1 mg Diazepam in 2 ml of Vodka, add water and start tapering. Now  I'm doing a dry taper, but  currently holding at 3,6 mg Diazepam.  When I restart my taper I will be back with questions about taper speed,  dissolving all of the remaining pills, or do a combination of pills and titration, etcetera. Since posting, I found out that there is such a thing as liquid Diazepam.  ( but not where I live). Meanwhile reading and learning.

I' m confused: after doing all the names and numbers in Jim Hawks' s plan, I see blue numbers below the =ml sign. What do they mean? What do I do with those? I plan to taper 5% per 14 days. Ten pills weigh 0,168 g. What do I take out and what do I use? Could someone help me please?  My thinking ability is not what it used to be...

For the DLMT, the blue numbers are the amount of milliliters you draw up in a syringe to take for each dose and day.  You don't take out (or throw away) anything.  It's recommended to get 10 ml and 1 ml syringes for the tapering.  Also, a 100 ml graduated cylinder is great to have as well. 

My mistake. What I meant was, I would like to go down the DLMT route. Dissolving 1 mg Diazepam in 2 ml of Vodka, add water and start tapering. Now  I'm doing a dry taper, but  currently holding at 3,6 mg Diazepam.  When I restart my taper I will be back with questions about taper speed,  dissolving all of the remaining pills, or do a combination of pills and titration, etcetera. Since posting, I found out that there is such a thing as liquid Diazepam.  ( but not where I live). Meanwhile reading and learning.

Yes, if your doc will write the scrip, you can get Rx liquid diazepam.  But if you can't, its very simple to liquify your tablets.  And you don't "pull and discard", and you don't make a new batch each day.

If you get the Rx liquid, its 1mg=1ml.  Dilute that 9:1 with water and you have a .1mg=1ml solution. 

Or you can dissolve your tablets in a ratio of 1mg:2ml solvent:8ml water.  In either case, its convenient to prepare a 10-14 day supply.  Then you just draw up and drink the appropriate dose, just like you would any liquid medicine.

Thanks, will have to reread that a couple of times and think about how it works.  But I suppose I'll get it in the end...

Thanks, will have to reread that a couple of times and think about how it works.  But I suppose I'll get it in the end...

For example, to do a 5%/14 day dailay taper...

Combine 40mgs + 80mls PG or vodka + 320mls water.  That would be a 10-12 day supply, .1mg=1ml

3.6mg X .05 = .18mg

.18mg / 14 days = .013mg/day reduction

Schedule:

3.6mg                    36ml

3.587 mg                35.87ml

3.574mg                35.74ml

3.561mg                35.61ml

etc......

The right column (mls) is the amount you draw up and drink each day.  Just lower your dose by .13mls (.013mg) each day.

Thanks,  Builder. That's great! This has helped me so much! Have ordered the things I need to start the DLMT in a week or so. Just need to buy me some Vodka.